New 260 Lapua brass - doughnuts

Grouse

Anybody else experienced I/D doughnuts in 260 Lapua cases?

From new I have used K and M expandiron to uniform necks and ease tension.

Then F/L sized with .294" bushing

On seating 140gr Amax, some where tight and others felt like a doughnut was present - shot pretty terrible 1.75" groups on known accurate load.

Slipping bullet into fired necks on some I have found a doughnut.

What is the remedy here please - getting perplexed with this problem!

Anyone have a 295 and 296 bushing I could try before I buy some more (neck tension still a wee bit stiff I think?)

Regards Grouse

neck turing using a cttuing pilot to remove central donut at the same time and helping elivoiate by creating a shoulder well with the out side turning

Is this a tight neck chamber?

No it's not.

In the past I have given necks a 90% clean up cut, but thought on the these new cases not to bother - as others seem to get results not doing it.

The neck tension from new seems very high, hence another reason for using expand iron ( now thinking I might use expand iron and see if there is sufficient grip on bullet - without resizing)

No it's not.

In the past I have given necks a 90% clean up cut, but thought on the these new cases not to bother - as others seem to get results not doing it.

The neck tension from new seems very high, hence another reason for using expand iron ( now thinking I might use expand iron and see if there is sufficient grip on bullet - without resizing)

neck turing using a cttuing pilot to remove central donut at the same time and helping elivoiate by creating a shoulder well with the out side turning

No it's not.

So use an inside cutter - but not cutting outside. What part of the loading process should this be done?

I am using a Redding FL sizer and bushings. The bushings don't resize all the necks length - ways thought this normal ( but now questions are mounting all the time!!)

Archived