Hunting Hounds

Streeker59

We guys always love to post pics of our rifles and the quarry we've downed them with but what about our hounds??

So let me be the first.. This is my 6 year old Lab Sophie.. The first time i took her out hunting was with a shotgun.

She sat by my side as i took out a high crow. She wasn't even looking and didn't spot it fall about 70 yards away. I took her to the spot expecting her to pick it up... Yeah right..!! She nudged it and sniffed it then wandered off in disinterest.. I shot a pigeon and she saw it fall... Galloping off across the field, she gave it a sniff and again refused to pick it up.. I gave it to her and she duly spat it out as if to say, "When it's swimming in gravy with roasties alongside, i'll show some interest".. :rolleyes:

When i take her bunnying , a .22 sub is out of the question. It's got to be long range bunnies with the HMR or .223 cos if she spots em, she's off after em like the wind.. Her golden coat shedding like a mongolian yak leaving a hairy cloud behind her... :blink:

It's my fault... The wife has made sure she's a couch potato.. One thing though.. If i ever need a great swimming duck chaser.. this is the girl... ;)

DSCF0360.jpg

Them,s not hounds................

this fella is a hound......... :rolleyes:

S4300094.jpg

S4300075.jpg

S4300106-1.jpg

deerhound x greyhound and 30" at the shoulder........my pride and joy.

Not much of a deer dog, but good fun to have with in the house and in the woods, after rabbits with a stick and sometimes with the shotgun. My friend, my boy, Oscar:

DSC00064.jpg

Finman

Guest martin

Here is 'Ula' a Mike Brown Working Whippet............................

DSC_0045-1.jpg

DSC_0011-7.jpg

DSC_0017-2.jpg

And,here is 'Scrap' a Jack Russel .............................

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0071-2.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived