Swaro Rangefinder

A few weeks ago whilst I was knocking back a couple of slices of toast, between 20 past eight and 9 am, a couple of youthful scroats broke into my 4x4 in the drive, ransacked it and nicked my Leica 1200scan and a pair of binos, camera, Electronic caller etc, I had intended to nip out for an hour or two. Luckily no firearms in the car, but they threw various things like welly bag an waterproofs over neighbours fences, also Building society book etc, which came back from kindly neighbours.

The rf and camera etc didnt of course and I was more than a little unhappy at the idea of trying to find the cash to replace them, so it was a pleasant surprise to find that as the good stuff was locked in the glove box and the car was locked also in the drive that they were covered on my household insurance. They replaced the camera directly and after a couple of quotes from shops I recieved a cheque for the replacement value at the local gunshop who had given a discount price.

I got a swaro rf as the leica ones ar now only yds or mtrs not switchable and the criticisms of the earlier swaros have been addressed.

I still prefer the leica for some things but the swaro works very well and is pleasantly light and compact, good result generally and I have to say Legal and General Insurance were not only polite, but very helpfull and dealt with the matter quickly too, so I can recommend them thoroughly if you need insurance.

Redfox

I`ve got a swaro and really like it.

Good result from the insurance - shame the scroats who did it could not have concrete slabs dropped on their hands (good idea from another thread). A scroats guillotine if you will.

David.

Yes, my preferred option would be to break their fingers one at a time, allowing them to come round from the fainting, if any before continuing.

Only thing is, having bought my binos some years ago, I had forgotten about the world of business according to Swarovski.

Which is, stiff the customer for the highest price you can, then stiff them some more for a horribly overpriced case afterwards. The first Binos ( 7x42slc) cost a fortune and then they wanted £40 ish for a cheap cordura case, luckily the rep came in and gave me the one off his, then when I bought the 8x30 slcs you got a cheap foam thing thrown in, and the 8x20 compacts actually came with a little cordura case, but the rf has only a hard plastic belt clip. If you want a cheap foamy type case you have to buy an expensive cleaning kit to get it!!!!, wish I could make money as easy :rolleyes:

Incidentaly the glove box front was covered on the car insurance, however, to claim for the £84.00 cover would have cost me £240.00 in lost no claims discount over the next 3 yrs!!!!!!!!, so now have protected NCD ( more money ) and have installed cctv camera or two which record onto a dvd rw disc on the video recorder each day. I dont think I would get the watchtowers passed never mind the radar guided 50 cals however much more effective they might be

Redfox

Sadly I might get up late and find the odd milkman trapped in them ( no chance of postmen these days, they dont come out till after dinner) I thought of a savage dog sleeping in the car, but that is not allowed now either :)

However the range finder seems to work very well and if I can get a suitable soft case to put it in when travelling it will be spot on.

Redfox

RF

I think you will like the Swaro RF, it is a good item.

I recall seeing something on car thefts (from and of vehicles) in South Africa - one enterprising individual attached a flame thrower to either side of his vehicle that shot bursts of flame at foot to groin level if tripped.

Interesting thought, they can't run away or procreate after the event............ :)

RF

I think you will like the Swaro RF, it is a good item.

I recall seeing something on car thefts (from and of vehicles) in South Africa - one enterprising individual attached a flame thrower to either side of his vehicle that shot bursts of flame at foot to groin level if tripped.

Interesting thought, they can't run away or procreate after the event............ :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

Extremely effective, but somehow I cannot see the HSE approving this device for use in the UK :rolleyes:

Archived