Mcmillan blanks

looking to buy a mcmillan thumbhole stock blank, as no one does a thumbhole stock for my tikka? does anybody know of anyone who would inlet it and bed it for me?

also which is the best bedding?? pilar,glass etc

its called humour mate Iam taking the mick :)

Pete

The first time is quite humourous but it gets rather tedious when you hear it five or six times spread over several topics :P

It becomes irritating when folks decide to pull their threads simply because they`re sick of the grief whether tongue in cheek or not :D

Care to elaborate?

I pulled the F Class rifle post Funky because I grew tired of your comments - why should I bother to post anything at all when, "you know better"

Perhaps we should start lambasting car and car parts salesmen?

The F Class rifle thread was pulled because I grew tired of your constant interrogation into my affairs - it matters not one jot to you who I have done things for or at what cost - like I said previously, I do not and have no need to advertise for anything I may or may not offer.

Constant irksome posts do not assist the site and causes problems.

Feel free to think what you like - its your perogative, had I anything to gain or indeed run the site for my own goals (as you succinctley accuse me of), then surely I would have let it run and simply removed the annoying posts.

I chose to pull it, at the end of the day, I can just write about the rifle anyway and have it published in a magazine or on any of a number of other web forums if I so wish - some of which have far larger membership than this site.

Perhaps you now realise (although I am sure you wont) how much problems are easily caused by a very small minority on an otherwise excellent site and, I might add, it is the same few people who cause the same problems.

This is a thread that is interesting to more than a few, I am sure. Having another bickering session start from the usual suspects is neither helpful nor entertaining. I know of neither gentlemen involved in this (nor do I sell, represent or manufacture anything related to the shooting industry), but what I know is that the site caters for PM facilities.

It would therefore would be rather more useful that Funky Bunch took your grievances to that element of the site and let the rest of us (who may be interested to know who may be able to inlet a McMillan blank) get some useful information. Unless of course you can add something useful to lambsey's initial query.

I have to second WSM's opinion on the matter and note the tiresome nature of messages which only seek to annoy and, at times, disrupt the cordial nature of the site, even if they are disguised (after the event) as 'humorous'.

Now, is there anyone out there than can let us know whether one can have a McMillan blank inletted for a Tikka action (and by whom)?

Best wishes,

Finman

Guys please accept my apologies for the last posts, I usually dont let irritations get to me (maybe I need some Canestan)

Peter Jackson has at least a dozen Mcmillans and Robertsons inletted for a Tikka (see his website for details) http://www.jacksonrifles.com/files/inventory.pdf

Scroll to bottom of page 2 and most of page 3

He only deals with trade, but I am sure if you asked one of the advertisers here would help you out.

Mac will also inlet for you - but you need to speak with Dick Davies - I have a Sako Varmint with Tikka 595 inlett and I know a couple of other lads on here have them too for similar Tikka's.

As far as inletting a blank, it would take time, but anyone with patience and a decent miller with suitable cutting tool should be able to do it for you as the Tikka is pretty square at the base although if you want rear pillars you end up with that pillar exposed (a little) - even the inlets done at the factory have this (or did)

Please note you would have to select a stock that has similar dimensions as the Tikka otherwise it may look odd.

Hope that helps?

Thank you Ronin,

most helpful. I think I shall be e-mailing Mr. Davies to see what he can do for me. The old 'left-hand' chestnut and all that...

best wishes,

Panos

Panos

Dick doesnt always reply quickly to e-mail, sometimes a call and chat is better - this worked for me when I ordered mine.

I think the 595 series was called the Tikka Whitetail across the pond, if its more modern (T3) not sure if thats available but as per previous post, Peter Jackson has Mac and Robertson inletted for 595, 695 and T3 (unsure of any being Left Hookers sorry).

Cheers Ronin,

I shall indeed call him. My action, as we previously discussed and you were very helpful to pinpoint, is a M590, which has the same footprint as the M595, so there is hope.

Best wishes,

Finman

If you want a laminate thumbhole for considerably less than Mac money, Richards inlet for your rifle. www.riflestocks.com , I think.

Yep, seen that one (again thanks to Ronin for pointing it out), but is in what they call 'Apache gold'!! for the money though, I think I shall have it an keep it for the weekends, when I am wondering around the fields, in glittering gold suits :D :D :D

Pitty they don't offer any of their other designs in a left hand configuration...

Best wishes,

Finman

Archived