Accuracy International Where Can I See One?

Hello

I have recently retired from full time work and I thought I would treat myself to a rifle that I could use for medium to long range shooting - not necessarily for serious or formal competition use.

My eyes have fallen on AI in its various forms and I wonder what people think of them in terms of accuracy , value for money, general design etc.

I live in Shropshire and I wonder where the nearest place is that I can see/handle/stroke on or even fire one ?

Alternatively should I just go for a semi custom Remington with an AI stock - do these perform well ? I expect most of my shooting will be 600 yards max.

Any comments, thoughts and general abuse will be gratefully received

Thanks

Ed

Wasn't sure where to post this - let me know if it's in the wrong bit of the forum

Hello

I have recently retired from full time work and I thought I would treat myself to a rifle that I could use for medium to long range shooting - not necessarily for serious or formal competition use.

My eyes have fallen on AI in its various forms and I wonder what people think of them in terms of accuracy , value for money, general design etc.

I live in Shropshire and I wonder where the nearest place is that I can see/handle/stroke on or even fire one ?

Alternatively should I just go for a semi custom Remington with an AI stock - do these perform well ? I expect most of my shooting will be 600 yards max.

Any comments, thoughts and general abuse will be gratefully received

Thanks

Ed

Wasn't sure where to post this - let me know if it's in the wrong bit of the forum

Talk to Sporting Services http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0358/7913/files/AI_brochure_2014_pdf.pdf?327

You have two or three close options.

1. Give Minsterley Ranges a call. They might have one in stock or know of a member who would let you look at theirs.

2. Visit Kingsbury ranges (near Kingsbury water park) on June 13th. Someone will be shooting one on that day.

3. Visit Kingsbury on an Offas Dyke Rifle Club booking (day or evening). The same as option 2 applies.

You could have shot one at Bisley I the McQueens Issued Rifle last weekend if you had a Safe Shooters Card.

Without hijacking Ed's post, what's a "safe shooters card"?

Archived