World Sniper Championships Hungary

Just heard from my mate Rob, who's participating in the World Sniper Championship in Hungary this week.

This event is invite only and very, very demanding.

Rob's finished 3rd in individual event and 5th in the team event.

Sounds like he's having a sample of some local ale!

Well Done "Team HOE"!

Not sure, there may be a write up in Target Sports or Precision Rifle (Vinces site), when he gets back, i'll ask him.

No doubt would get a load of gibberish if I rang him now :D

Just heard from my mate Rob, who's participating in the World Sniper Championship in Hungary this week.

Rob's finished 3rd in individual event and 5th in the team event.

Sounds like he's having a sample of some local ale!

Well Done "Team HOE"!

That was bloody good then. :P

Consider the company hes in, actually thats awesome. :D

To my institutionalised brain, 'very, very demanding' would equate to a description of actual operations.

A beasting competition such as the Cambrian Patrols, in which a broad range of military skills are tested under quite arduous conditions, would merit no more than a description of 'demanding'.

Unless Rob's dropped a lot of weight and somehow done some military training, I take it you just mean 'demanding' in the technical shooting (rather than the military skills & endurance (fitness)) sense?

I think the distinction is important. :o

To talk the talk in any meaningful way, one has to have walked the walk. The walk involves stepping up to the plate, or being prepared to step up, on 2-way ranges. We don't want hobbyists without a military background to start thinking or implying that because they can shoot well they are as good as military snipers, or other soldiers, across the board now do we? :D:D -I hasten to add that I'm sure this won't be the case for Rob.

Nevertheless, in strictly shooting terms, knowing that many of the competitors would have been the same mob that attend the Cz Police comp and go on the "Former Eastern Block comp circuit" (which, from memory, included Olympic level Bulgarian shots...as well as some rather serious Russians :D ) congratulations are definitely due to Rob for his target shooting marksmanship (even if he had to use a custom rifle in a non-sniper 'cheat' calibre to do it :o:D )

Well done! :D

Hi BD,

The usual suspects from the CZ plod and mil would be there, but very few civilians.

Demanding in the shooting skills sense.

I know some (military) that would argue that plod are always on a one way range when it comes to a sniper rifle being used.

David.

BD indeed you are

loosen up man :D:D

when I said demanding, I meant from a shooting / target size perspective - not from military fieldcraft to prevent an early demise.

Rob hasnt lost any pounds either,,,,,,,

The competitors will be the creme of the former eastern bloc countries - as already stated, quite serious and scary blokes who are damn fine shots to boot!

Nothing wrong with the girly calibre either Matt, it beats the 308 by some margin in the wind - however you could be right bout the non mil rifle /calibre...........

Did you knwo that the winners from the last plod comps shot.............Blasers (LRS2) what is the world coming to? :o

BD indeed you are

loosen up man :D:D

I'll get some counselling today :D:D

Nothing wrong with the girly calibre either Matt, it beats the 308 by some margin in the wind - however you could be right bout the non mil rifle /calibre...........

Like winning a tractor race on a quad bike! :D

Did you knwo that the winners from the last plod comps shot.............Blasers (LRS2) what is the world coming to? :o
Indeed! :D:o

• 1 month later...

Archived