Powder,Primers and Bullets!!!

SOUTHERNER

All my powders, primers and bullets are stored in a locked cabinet.

Keeps little paws off stuff when the brother in laws kids come around.

I bought a large cabinet from an office furinture store with shelves in it, all my shooting gear gets stored in it. It was a second hand cabinet only cost £40 but great for peace of mind.

Cheers

Dave

Powder, locked wooden box secured to building as per regs that were coming in then deleted. Primers, a 100 pack in my reloading box, the rest hidden on a high shelf in a cupboard. Bullets, locked in gun cabinate, both expanding and non expanding match types.

A

Primers at one end of the bench on shelves.Powder at the other side of the room, on shelves...most definatly NOT in a sealed wooded, or metal box. I have no wish for a bomb in my house thank you very much. A plastic tub of powder will not explode in a house fire, due to the plastic melting, and then the powder just flaring.You put it in a metal container, and it will explode.This is why imr powder is not legally sold in tins anymore.

I do take your point 100% about the bomb aspect but it is as far as I am aware the current Home Office recomended storage method for powders to the letter. Was certainly approved at my last renewal even though I did not need to have it in place.

A

Its the current method for black powder only buddy.They were going to force smokeless powder, or "shooters powders" under the same insane method, but dropped it.Black powder currently has to be in the wooden box you describe, which makes it even more dangerous than it already is.

I'm lucky to have a spare bedroom/boxroom where i have my loading bench & a 6' x 3' x 3' brick built armoury for the rifles..

Powder is on a shelf in a bookcase, primers in one draw at my bench and bullets in another. The bookcase is turned so as the front and therefore the powder tubs do not have direct sunlight on them. I dont see the point of locking these components away...

I reload in my basement and the humidity is higher there than the rest of the house so I keep my primers in rubber sealed 50 caliber ammo cans. The powders and bullets I keep on shelves easily accessible to my reloading benches. Storage of dies, bullet molds and brass is done in another room due to the volume.

I am building a new reloading bench. A friend of mine works for a company that installs marble counter tops and the ones they remove are pitched. I asked him for a couple of lengths of laminated counter top and he will be bringing it over this weekend. My current bench is 8 feet long but I am getting crowded with 4 presses, 4 bullet sizer/lubricators, and all the rest of the stuff. My goal is about 14 feet in an equal length, right-angle set up (7' per side) in the corner of my basement with pull out drawers for bullets and powders. I think that would be sweet.~Andrew

Archived