ATN X Sight 5-18x Day/Night Vision riflescope now in stock.

scottcountry

Hmmm, the daylight footage looks rather pixellated and blocky at times, especially during a zoom or panning. Maybe the processer is struggling to keep up with the rapid data rate required under such conditions?

Why don't you wait until they're released before ripping them to pieces which is what you've mainly done in a couple of threads <_<

They might be the biggest turkey on the block but until they're out I'll reserve judgement

We'd like these imagers to be perfect, we are, after all, thinking of buying one, but a critical observation of fact ought not to displease others. They are now 'out' and by placing imagery shot through them in the public domain is not the poster inviting comment, good or bad? May we not comment upon what we see posted ? Perhaps the original poster will see the comment and explain that the scope image was very good indeed, but that the recording medium was at fault - maybe it was a low quality phone camera or similar - and thereby dispel the thought that the imager itself is to blame. Some people are more easily satisfied than others, or may have no notion of what modern NV equipment is capable of, and thus accept a lower standard than they ought for a given price point.

If you feel we have disparaged a particular piece of kit you hold dear, then we apologise, it was not our intention to slate the kit but rather the mindset of the Twatterati...

We'd like these imagers to be perfect, we are, after all, thinking of buying one, but a critical observation of fact ought not to displease others. They are now 'out' and by placing imagery shot through them in the public domain is not the poster inviting comment, good or bad? May we not comment upon what we see posted ?

If it's perfection your looking for you won't find it any NV unit, they ALL have their limitations!......maybe NV isn't going to be for you?

As digital NV goes the images look pretty good to me.

We'd like these imagers to be perfect, we are, after all, thinking of buying one, but a critical observation of fact ought not to displease others. They are now 'out' and by placing imagery shot through them in the public domain is not the poster inviting comment, good or bad? May we not comment upon what we see posted ? Perhaps the original poster will see the comment and explain that the scope image was very good indeed, but that the recording medium was at fault - maybe it was a low quality phone camera or similar - and thereby dispel the thought that the imager itself is to blame. Some people are more easily satisfied than others, or may have no notion of what modern NV equipment is capable of, and thus accept a lower standard than they ought for a given price point.

If you feel we have disparaged a particular piece of kit you hold dear, then we apologise, it was not our intention to slate the kit but rather the mindset of the Twatterati...

As I've said not handled one as they're not in the public domain yet and as such am reserving judgement until they've been put through their paces rather than picking holes in the little information that we're getting through

Suggest you look over on the night vision forum and watch the videos posted by a couple of the US contributors who are running them rather than basing your opinion on a short rushed out low quality vid by Scott Country

As Andy says theres no such thing as the perfect nv unit but expecting perfection from a sub £1000 digital scope is totally unrealistic.The images I've seen are by far the best offering of digital yet especially when you compare it to an N750 which is more expensive

Well, friend has compared it to my drone & it's not as good.....but it's half the price and therefore no,surprise.....,go to night vision forum ....nearly days but promise to be had

New drone with colour daylight screen coming new year.... That could be summit !

Paul

I've been waiting to see how this sight performs. Not handled one personally but the general verdict on those that have is mixed verging on the negative. Wait for future firmware revisions seems to be the most positive thing that can be said. Read this thread through...

http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9984

The big question will be the x sight vs the drone. I have been on the edge of buying a drone but have held off so far. Does anyone have any insider knowledge regarding the new drone in terms of expected release date, spec or price??

The big question will be the x sight vs the drone. I have been on the edge of buying a drone but have held off so far. Does anyone have any insider knowledge regarding the new drone in terms of expected release date, spec or price??

X Sight not in the same league as the Drone yet but at half the price no one realistically thought it would be.The Drone is currently a good night sight with the ability to use it in the day whilst the X Sight looks like a very good day sight with the ability to use it at night.To be fair with the ability to update its firmware it will get better but how long it takes is anyones guess and no doubt with things progressing so fast in the digi NV world something will have preceded it anyway

New Drone supposedly out in the new year as a dedicated 10x so more compact and with a colour screen.Price according to Armasight not far off current Drone 10x price

My advice is if you want digital wait a couple of months for the new Drone ;)

My 2p... As an owner of an x sight ..

It's a good scope,

Why ? Easy ... It's a colour digital scope with night capability ( b & w , as well as green screen ) at a great price £ 780.

Ok so it has come out ' not quite ready ' but everything that's not quite right is easily changed through the firmwear updates, so that's not an issue... So, the picture quality at night... My experience with night vision has tought me that its all about the IR illumination, crap IR = crap picture , good IR improves a picture no end ... So find what works best .

There're loads of reports online about it, some good, some bad... It depends on YOUR expectations as to what YOU want, there is no perfect night vision solution, but every time a new one comes to the market, it raises the bar by solving some of the old issues.

No, it's not quite as good ( at night ) as my pulsar unit, but its not £1300, like that unit & that unit IMO is pants during the day ( B&W gives me a headache & ruins your eyes natural night vision, so I fitted green filter ) & we all know that it's not as good as a Dronepro ?!? but that's £ 1650 and gues what ... That's B & W ! ... Oh but the colour one ones out next year ( bet that wouldn't of happened if the announcement that the x sight was going to have it ).

The bottom line for me is it sits nicely on top of my .223, that I use both at night & in the day on targets & quarry out to 250m

• 2 weeks later...

I had taken delivery of a 3x12 x-sight in early December 2014.

Here is what I have found

The higher the zoom the worse the pixilation is.

Now just say the screws are or become a little loose on the rail mount to scope it has rather a lot of horizontal movement.

The item was fitted to a .22 the first shot was 18 inches to the left at 25 meters. Refitted the original scope accurate at 25, 50, 75 & 100 meters.

ATN x-sight now fitted on to .222 exactly the same impact point as on the .22. Refitted the original scope onto the .222 accurate through the range.

Refitted the ATN X-sight to the .22 which was held in position impact 18 inches to left at 25 meters moved crosshair to impact point and then zoomed the scope in ( crosshair disappeared from view on the left of screen as it was zoomed in)

This ATN has been checked on another rifle exactly the same thing on impact point so 3 rails cannot be wrong.

I got movement to the left by loosening the fasteners and just twisting the body to the left at the front but this was not enough to bring the impact point to the correct place.

Not what you would want in a brand new item.

Now just say the screws are or become a little loose on the rail mount to scope it has rather a lot of horizontal movement.

The item was fitted to a .22 the first shot was 18 inches to the left at 25 meters. Refitted the original scope accurate at 25, 50, 75 & 100 meters.

ATN x-sight now fitted on to .222 exactly the same impact point as on the .22. Refitted the original scope onto the .222 accurate through the range.

Refitted the ATN X-sight to the .22 which was held in position impact 18 inches to left at 25 meters moved crosshair to impact point and then zoomed the scope in ( crosshair disappeared from view on the left of screen as it was zoomed in)

This ATN has been checked on another rifle exactly the same thing on impact point so 3 rails cannot be wrong.

I got movement to the left by loosening the fasteners and just twisting the body to the left at the front but this was not enough to bring the impact point to the correct place.

Bummer! Is it going back on warranty? Doesn't sound fit for purpose

I was under the impression that no 3-12 x mag were avilable in the UK ?

There was a few released in the USA, but then ATN recalled them due to the focus issues,

after the recall they have now fitted a manual focus to them..

They have not released them yet ( to my knowledge) , but should be abailable soon

Did you import it yourself? As SC had not taken delivery of any units in early December?

Archived