Silver surfer's new bang stick.

baldie

Here you go buddy, I,ve been waiting for the gales to stop to take pics.

IMG_2560_zps76b49a9a.jpg

This is a Valhalla repeater action. In right bolt, left port configuration. 20 MOA rail, helical bolt fluting, cam locks on the bolt itself and a ball knob.

IMG_2561_zps8a744145.jpg

The calibre is 6.5 x 47 and it has a small diameter firing pin and facetted bolt shroud with fine pitched threading. This gives a silky smooth bolt lift and no difference can be felt in either fired or unfired lift.

IMG_2559_zps9b8a4e01.jpg

The barrel is a Pacnor sendero profile and is threaded 18mm x 1 with an invisible thread cap, then polished to match the action.

Floorplate is a third eye, and is fully bedded in place, as is the barrelled action.

IMG_2554_zps9d0cb419.jpg

The stock is a Mcmillan A3 Edge tech [weightless ] and is finished in cobalt blue candy apple, over silver marble, over a black base, and buried under several coats of 2K lacquer. Wet flatted, and hand polished.

IMG_2555_zpsa2b5f814.jpg

Oooohh VerY nice sliver , you are going to love that action , is the bolt coated at all ? Atb getting tiny groups ;)

Picked up the broomstick today from Baldie, very pleased with the end product, just sorry the visit was so short... After a 300 mile round trip i decided to attack the gun with the new scope. Hopefully ive not followed Spud by putting the mounts on the wrong way. I said I would post a picture once it was scoped up so here it is...

http://WP_20141216_002.jpg

Think you might need some lower mounts? Seems pretty high off the barrel, you could drive a bus under that objective end, lol. Looking good though..

I've got a high cheek piece if your interested, ;)

Think you might need some lower mounts? Seems pretty high off the barrel, you could drive a bus under that objective end, lol. Looking good though..

You cant get lower than low Rob...

I've got a high cheek piece if your interested, ;)

Ive got a receding hairline if you want that too :)

Archived