Just looking at buying a new lamp and am abit confused on what to buy. I haven't shot since in 2010 and the lamp I used was a light force 170 however things look to have changed and technology advanced a fair bit so just looking advice on a good lamp for fixing out to 250-300 yards. Thanks

Yea done some reading on them and they sound good. I'm amazed such a tiny lamp can do so much now lol I used to carry two batteries on my wait and a brute of a light on my scope, times have changed lol

The day's have certainly gone when you go out with your Lightforcem140 or 170 and a great big heavy batteries. With the introduction of led torches able to through a beam to match the great 170s and able to slip in your coat pocket, its now a one person joby.

I have 2 Nighmaster 800 xsearcher and a t20 from swampy off here, ,,,, do I need a 67 ??? Might need one soon lol

lightforce is the only one that going to get you out to 300 safely I run T20 in red for highseat work and its fine 150 yard (imo )is its max also used m800 but none of these torches compare to a 170lf ,but the trade off is weight and size , the one thing I find with all these to torches is foxes seem to me to struggle judging how far away we are, maybe tightness of beam or size of the light source who knows, but they have worked well in highseat situations for me , but I prefer to use lightforce when driving about but then weight size is not an issue

I use a fenix tk70. Got 2 of them. Love them. Compact but quite a heft. Easily fits in shooting coat pocket.

Have spotted foxes at 500 yds (eyes only) and identified positively at 400 yds with a Swaro z6i 5-30 at middle magnification.

Yea done some reading on them and they sound good. I'm amazed such a tiny lamp can do so much now lol I used to carry two batteries on my wait and a brute of a light on my scope, times have changed lol

Craigyboy,

Great to see you back, there are many fantastic smaller torch style LED's around of which many of the decent ones have already been mentioned.

But don't be put off by the more traditional lamps, great light and the good news. No need for big heavy batteries any more, lithium batteries massively reduce weight.

The following was the result of close collaboration between two pro pest destruction guys in New Zealand and an excellent Chinese manufacturer.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/MAXTOCH-Sniper-M24-Lighter-Version-of-SN6X-2S-AR-Lens-Copper-LED-Base-Longer-Shooting-Distance/314381_1769281159.html

You've got to see the beam to believe it- p*sses all over a 170 Lightforce. Deer stand out sharply at 400yds. Run time with two premium 18650s is about 50mins.

My 170 is now totally redundant

Thanks for the advice guys. Hi scotch egg it's been a while, no rifle at present but trying to sort a cheap .222/.223 to get me back on my feet lol. Missed it a lot especially the lamp work so itching to get at it again. Technology seems to have come on a bit lol

Archived