Cheap Lidl Spotting Scopes 20-60x60.

Jamie

Saw this info on another forum, so I thought I'd mention it here to. They're only £25, with a 5 year warranty.

I appreciate they're cheap and cheerful, but great for beginners, like me....

I bought one today. They seem ok. But then this is only the second I've looked through....

Apparently, they've been on the shelves around 4 days...

A link for you folks -

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=18721

I got one of the last batch that were on offer few months ago. Thought it was worth a punt. It's s##te! The one good thing is that the tripod that came with it is perfect for my windtronic 2. May be different models now but I'd keep the receipt if I were you

I looked at these yesterday, don't waste your money - I think they did use the bottoms of coke bottles for the lenses. This is a shame as Lidl have sold some good products over the years, but £25 for a spotting scope is never going to be a serious proposition.

Glad your all happy! :lol:

A few people on PW said they have them, and they're ok.??

I have to admit, I have put the receipt somewhere safe until I use it in during the next week..... I also didn't expect Leupold glass, or for it to reach out a 1000 yards. But if I can see a target with reasonable clarity at 500 yards, I'll be pleased for now.....

And it's got to be better than my other one, as this is my first! I appreciate those with deep pockets will have a chuckle at them, but what makes them so bad folks?

Cheers.

Jamie

Hi Jamie, I don't have deep pockets but am now of the opinion buy once cry once. Cost a lot to start off but quality stuff is always worth money. Rubbish is worth nothing second hand. I can almost guarantee you won't see holes at 500 unless your using a cannon. I could see the target at 100m but could not get it to focus to any usable degree. I thought why not when I saw it and thought a friend could use it for spotting but he said he had a better chance of shagging Scarlett johansson than seeing splash down range!

I'm thinking of getting a camcorder with large optical zoom and hi res screen to use as a spotter when shooting alone. Then I can play back shots to see what happened. May be a bad idea but can also be used for other things too. Tiff posted a vid of a crow at 1000+ yards and the splash was very visible.

Moderators please close this topic down,,,I,m going to bed now and hope I don't have nightmares about Lidls really really cant believe I parted with real money for this piece of junk. I got mine back and would suggest that Lidls are knowingly exploiting those that have very small pockets!!,,,,For "Gods" sake keep your receipt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,O

Moderators please close this topic down,,,I,m going to bed now and hope I don't have nightmares about Lidls really really cant believe I parted with real money for this piece of junk. I got mine back and would suggest that Lidls are knowingly exploiting those that have very small pockets!!,,,,For "Gods" sake keep your receipt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,O

In all fairness to Lidl, these things are not aimed at perfectionist shooters - they are aimed at bird watchers etc etc, for which they are probably very good value for money.

Fair enough folks.

Thanks for the imput.

I've have a look through them, if they are not even clear enough at 500 yards, they'll go back.

Thanks folks :)

Jamie

I recon your all mistaken , they could be made for leftys ? Try the left eye before you take them back ! :lol::P

Archived