Kryptec cammo

My service rifle was due for a makeover and a new daniel defence for end fitting, so I thought I,d have a go at the Kryptec cammo pattern. This is basically a series of hexagons, stretched out and added at random.

I bought some stencils from the states and decided to go for the green/brown Mandrake colour scheme.

IMG_2444_zps13b224e3.jpg

The base coat consists of Patriot brown , Mcmillan tan , and OD mil spec green H series cerakote.

The gun was stripped to the last nut , bolt and pin, and completely shot blasted first.

Once the base coats were applied, it was into the oven for a 15 minute part cure and then left to cool down.

IMG_2443_zpsab739826.jpg

Then it was the nightmare of the stencil application. Its not a simple job on a normal rifle that has lots of flat areas, it was very difficult indeed on an AR.

IMG_2442_zps3661320d.jpg

Then over the top with another coat of patriot brown/flat dark earth, and mcmillan olive. A very small amount here and there of Zombie green.

Stencils removed, and then highlights and splots of sand.

IMG_2441_zpsac1f12b2.jpg

IMG_2440_zps9b7f1647.jpg

Back into the oven for a full cure then rebuild.

This took over 8 hours start to finish.

I,ve since taken delivery of a computer controlled stencil cutting machine and my lad is busy beavering away making patterns and getting it going. This should bring down the cost of such a job as American stencils are ridiculously priced.

The day is looming when we won't have to buy anything from them, and that can only be a good thing.

This pattern can be varied hugely by different choices of base colours. Mine is very subtle and disappears at a few metres away. If a sand colour had been used for example, the hexagons would stand out a lot more. Depends on what you wish to achieve I guess.

The range Nazi,s are going to have a sh it fit. :lol::lol:

My service rifle was due for a makeover and a new daniel defence for end fitting, so I thought I,d have a go at the Kryptec cammo pattern. This is basically a series of hexagons, stretched out and added at random.

I bought some stencils from the states and decided to go for the green/brown Mandrake colour scheme.

IMG_2444_zps13b224e3.jpg

The base coat consists of Patriot brown , Mcmillan tan , and OD mil spec green H series cerakote.

The gun was stripped to the last nut , bolt and pin, and completely shot blasted first.

Once the base coats were applied, it was into the oven for a 15 minute part cure and then left to cool down.

IMG_2443_zpsab739826.jpg

Then it was the nightmare of the stencil application. Its not a simple job on a normal rifle that has lots of flat areas, it was very difficult indeed on an AR.

IMG_2442_zps3661320d.jpg

Then over the top with another coat of patriot brown/flat dark earth, and mcmillan olive. A very small amount here and there of Zombie green.

Stencils removed, and then highlights and splots of sand.

IMG_2441_zpsac1f12b2.jpg

IMG_2440_zps9b7f1647.jpg

The range Nazi,s are going to have a sh it fit. :lol::lol:

GOOD!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived