Barrel Makers Thread

Just for information:

Previous employees of Border Barrels's are to go alone making barrels, initially button rifled barrels.

There is a thread on this via The Stalking Directory.

Thought i'd share...

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/93455-Border-Barrels?p=864989#post864989

Cheers, fairly common knowledge that this is happening since Border ceasing last year.

There are other moves afoot in the UK barrel making scene too, which I hope will be the "go to" UK barrel source...

Cheers, fairly common knowledge that this is happening since Border ceasing last year.

There are other moves afoot in the UK barrel making scene too, which I hope will be the "go to" UK barrel source...

Now if someone could just make some decent expanding heads we.ed have it all !!!!,,,,,O

And reloading powder and primers - then we can say shove your price hikes and silly waiting times and hopefully support our own industry and suppliers!!

Dont mind paying good money for a good product but things have sure shot up in price in the recent years - affect both the consumer buying ( not so much being purchased ) and the suppliers ( not so much perhaps being sold? ) + not sure about the rest of you - but i have had a 1 per cent pay increase this year after a 4 year pay freeze - meanwhile the cost of living goes up every year!!! so not some much money to spend on our hobby which we enjoy so much!! -something has to give!!!

Sorry for the rant just wish i could afford to shoot as much as i used too!! ( reloading wise )...

A-max type bullets would be nice too!!! ;)

PS ... Thanks very much for the info 1971silversurfer!!! ;)

+1 on that.

A UK Berger bullets would be sweet.

Making bullets isn't a problem..... but you would still be beholding to Berger to get J4 jackets, someone needs to come up with a good alternative manufacturer for those.

And reloading powder and primers - then we can say shove your price hikes and silly waiting times and hopefully support our own industry and suppliers!!

Dont mind paying good money for a good product but things have sure shot up in price in the recent years - affect both the consumer buying ( not so much being purchased ) and the suppliers ( not so much perhaps being sold? ) + not sure about the rest of you - but i have had a 1 per cent pay increase this year after a 4 year pay freeze - meanwhile the cost of living goes up every year!!! so not some much money to spend on our hobby which we enjoy so much!! -something has to give!!!

Sorry for the rant just wish i could afford to shoot as much as i used too!! ( reloading wise )...

Ere Ray!! bet that blasting powder they use down our treacle mines would work well,,,,waddy think!!!!,,,,,O

Ere Ray!! bet that blasting powder they use down our treacle mines would work well,,,,waddy think!!!!,,,,,O

ditto on pay rise and your welcome!!!

Making bullets isn't a problem..... but you would still be beholding to Berger to get J4 jackets, someone needs to come up with a good alternative manufacturer for those.

True mate but surely some one could buy in the j4 jackets as Berger did in the early days.

No ideal but would work until the rest could be set up.

Nobel used to produce rifle powders.

Doesn't/didn't G&C make goor 6mm bullets?

No doubt it's all ecomonically quite complex-Nor are UK made goods immune from price hikes,etc....

Time for the Remchester reality check:

Asking their Under Assistant West Coast Sales Promotion Vice President why there are severe shortages of A Match Vargetmaster bullets here,he replied:

"Well,we sell more in LIncoln,than the whole of Europe,apparently"

"Lincoln?"

'Yeah,I had to look it up too,it's a small town in Nebraska".

gbal

Archived