Lanber shotgun advice

Just looking for some advice I'm considering buying a used lanber shotgun for hunting with and the odd day of unformal clay shooting I'm just wanting to know are they decent guns how's the quality on them any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

My friend I am no expert but this is my experience

A lanber is as good as anything in capable hands

I would save the money and use it on getting a stock fitted by somebody who knows what they are talking about or converting it to an adjustable one

This is probably the most useful investment anybody can do to a shotgun

Anything else are cosmetic

Forget chokes

Forget engraving

Forget nice stock finishes

Hunter. I bought a Lanber as my very first shotgun 6 years ago for £300. Over the years it has blown clays out of the sky when the expensive Beretta next to me has missed. A shotgun is only as good as the shooter. My Lanber has downed my very first game birds and given me life long memories. It is rock solid. For the odd game day or informal clays they are perfect. Unless you compete you don't need to get a stock fitted or spend a fortune. Quality wise you get what you pay for. They may not shine with engraved pack hounds but hey you don't need it to ! Trust me if it feels good, a good fit in the shoulder and not obviously long or short, in good nick with some history I would buy it. Talking to dealers half decent Lanbers do not last long on the shelf. Hope this helps. G

I didn't like mine, sold it and got a nice browning which I shot better with.

You can't just buy/recommend by make alone. It has to handle and fit, otherwise you'll be p!ssing in the wind with it

My friend I am no expert but this is my experience

A lanber is as good as anything in capable hands

I would save the money and use it on getting a stock fitted by somebody who knows what they are talking about or converting it to an adjustable one

This is probably the most useful investment anybody can do to a shotgun

Anything else are cosmetic

Forget chokes

Forget engraving

Forget nice stock finishes

Best advice so far, stock fit is everything in shotgun shooting

found one 30" mc about 6 months ago

fits well and shot with it just today and love it.

and i shoot better with it than i do with my new 725.

says it all really, the 725 was a prize that ill sell on,

RSC.

What you are saying is

The lander fits you BY CHANCE better than the browning 725

It does not mean the lanber is a better shotgun than the browning !

We hear this literally on a daily basis at our club

Good point. Many shotguns are 'aimed' at the average ,and as we know ,there are many average shooters around,so it makes some commercial sense,from the sellers point of view.

When there were rather more absolutely excellent shooters-ie Edwardian times-quite a bit of the considerable cost of best guns went on extensive gun fitting of the bespoke guns to their shooter.

Such a gun,were it to come your way,would not shoot better than 'average' if it did not fit you.NIce,none the less.

gbal

Archived