Storm in devon

hughes.s

Cracking storm last night, started about 17.30hrs with flashes of lightning coming down the Axe valley towards Axevale and Seaton sat on the beach watching the flashes. I think it broke about 05.30 torrents of rain,thunder, lightning. Poor old dog dont like it though, put him right off his breakfast. Drying off now hope it stays clear for the rest of the day.

Hughes.s

Had an enormous zero-flash-to-bang display right above the house - just like being shelled; hit in a field 400m away and took out the powerlines.

Was awesome to watch, and the brightest lightning I've ever seen - but could have done without the powerline hit - still being worked on.

Had an enormous zero-flash-to-bang display right above the house - just like being shelled; hit in a field 400m away and took out the powerlines.

Was awesome to watch, and the brightest lightning I've ever seen - but could have done without the powerline hit - still being worked on.

I'd heard 7 RHA were on the Plain............... :unsure:

Had an enormous zero-flash-to-bang display right above the house - just like being shelled; hit in a field 400m away and took out power lines .

Must be why my electric was off for so long.

When was the last time you got shelled brown dog lol

When was the last time you got shelled brown dog lol

Difficult one to answer; depends whether you mean by fire called by me, fire misdirected by someone else, or fire deliberately directed towards me? 1996, 2014, 2006 I think - cheating with the middle one; I'm including 7 RHA dropping one near my house :rolleyes:

You were in the palace too then in 2006

Nothing ruins things more than some one screwing up A FireM...yanks, 500lb'r and a call sign in a compound. I'm sure you know the story brown dog 2009 in Helmand

I heard about the RHA drop short, bloody morons.

Nothing beats being a grunt, point and shoot.....simples

Archived