243 advice

Guest valleyboy1

I've got a Tikka T3 Lite synthetic stock, 243 calibre. A great rifle and not too dear. left me with more cash to invest in a scope'. I also have a Sako 75 in 22-250. Cost twice as much as the Tikka, but an excellent gun.

It's down to choice.

Skip the Remington. Buy a decent rifle to start and save your $$ for other goodies.~Andrew

Last time i said something negative about Remington, the lynch mob were after me... :huh:

Sako without a doubt.............. Though a T3 is still head and shoulders above a stock Remy.

Grant..

remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington remington...... clear enough .....sako are crap :huh:

that was a close shave there ..you would have to change your name to sako65 :huh:

Regardless of how brilliant the sako,s and tikka,s undoubtedly are.....the thick bastards still dont acknowledge the fact, that a 1 in 10" barrel, for the most part...wont stabilise a 100 grain bullet properly. Remington does...its a 1 in 9 1/8".

But i suppose minute of deer, or anywhere inside 4" at 100 yards is good enough for most deer shooters.

Before we all start squealing like bitches, i,ve got a remmy , AND a sako. The sako was a .243, and it would not shoot a deer legal bullet accuratly. Its now a 6br....and a lot more use.

However, the sako is undoubtedly a much better made rifle than the remmy, or the tikka, but it should be, its twice as much money.

Regardless of how brilliant the sako,s and tikka,s undoubtedly are.....the thick bastards still dont acknowledge the fact, that a 1 in 10" barrel, for the most part...wont stabilise a 100 grain bullet properly. Remington does...its a 1 in 9 1/8".

But i suppose minute of deer, or anywhere inside 4" at 100 yards is good enough for most deer shooters.

Before we all start squealing like bitches, i,ve got a remmy , AND a sako. The sako was a .243, and it would not shoot a deer legal bullet accuratly. Its now a 6br....and a lot more use.

However, the sako is undoubtedly a much better made rifle than the remmy, or the tikka, but it should be, its twice as much money.

You're probably much the same Baldie, but wouldn't matter to me if it was Sako or Rem or AI or whatever factory stick..I'd be stripping it down to it's basics and building it back up to my spec.

JR

For what its worth, I'd buy a shot out Tikka 595 or Rem 700 and rebarrel, you will have change for a scope (well almost)

For the price of a shot out tikka you might get a howa barreled action.

Go for a custom stock and blast away with the factory barrel.

If it's not good enough get it rebarreled, at least then you will know

what weight and length barrel would suit.

edi

Highlander [the importers now] dont do barrelled actions anymore buddy.Infact, our current price list and catalogue, only show combo,s of guns with nikko sterling scopes, and wildcat mods fitted. Almost impossible to sell.People want to choose their own scope and mod....its a very bad move. The barrelled actions Brian Fox used to sell, were a great selling point for the howa.

Highlander [the importers now] dont do barrelled actions anymore buddy.Infact, our current price list and catalogue, only show combo,s of guns with nikko sterling scopes, and wildcat mods fitted. Almost impossible to sell.People want to choose their own scope and mod....its a very bad move. The barrelled actions Brian Fox used to sell, were a great selling point for the howa.

got to agree with Dave.

i would not buy a combo deal, even if i was cash strapped. i much prefer to put it together myself.

all so even though i like the wildcat mod, i still like the choice.

i have all so tried to contact highlander 6 or 7 times.(email) not even an auto response,nothing.so i don't think i would deal with them at this moment in time,as i can get myself a bad name quick enough, with out selling an howa and then having trouble dealing with any warranty claim.

just my 2p worth

Colin :)

Well, that is BS isn't it?

I got mine from the german importer. No problem.

These rules are probably just made by the highlander.

I'm sure legacy still sell their barreled actions.

A shop here in Ireland wanted to sell me a howa with

a cheap leupold on it as a package, he also said thats

the way they come. He might still have it...

edi

Mike Norris, near Chetwynd Park, Shropshire would do it for you. Mike is very capable and does what he says he will. I've no hesitation in recommending him for any kind of rifle work.

David.

Its all a matter of preference. Obviously some like Sako, some like Tikka, some like Remy's, etc. Reasons range from cost to prestige o having one. Noone's mentioned yet the fit of the rifle. Just because a rifle is the latest thing or the most recommended because of quality, cost, etc, doesn't mean that once you're behind it you'll get on with it.

Get behind a few and see what suits you and your budget. Nothing worse than buying the "dogs nuts" rifle and finding out you don't get on with it.

Me, I like Remy's but want to fettle a Howa (to see if it feels right with me behind it).

Just my twopennorth

Dave

Archived