AICS Compatible 10 Shot .308/.223 Magazines

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it arrived today, looks ok and is much lighter than the correct AE magazines and slightly shorter.

Annoyingly it doesn't lock into an AE MkIII. :mad:

Oh, That's a shame.

But thank you for the feedback.

Regards Phil :-)

Because it's the same magazine as an AICS John; when ordered I did say I was buying it on the assumption that it would fit an AE MkIII.

So want to post it to me! Il use it as iv got a remmy on a ACIS stock.

Because it's the same magazine as an AICS John; when ordered I did say I was buying it on the assumption that it would fit an AE MkIII.

I thought they were different my bad, should have fitted if they are the same though surely.

Hi

I have asked the a question without a answer will this fit a AI AX action. A simple yes or no will do.

If the mag is a single stack AICS compatible mag, its unlikely to fit an AX

If the mag is a single stack AICS compatible mag, its unlikely to fit an AX

The MDT magazines are double stack, single feed. In terms of their compatibility they will fit any of the MDT chassis systems and the AICS chassis for Remington, Tikka or Savage actions. They appear to be a compatible clone of the following AI magazines:

7.62mm / .308 - 10 Shot Magazine (3902)

.223 Cal - 10 Shot Magazine (6616BL)

If you have bought one (or more) and they don't fit your specific chassis/bottom metal then please let me know and I'll happily refund the cost of the magazines.

So for now it would appear that they DO NOT work with:

AE Mk III

I'll update this list as and when I have feedback from anyone about compatibility issues.

ACIS is a double stack (only slightly staggered) but with central feed.

AE Single stack central feed.

AW is a true double stack mag which feeds from both sides.

Thats the way I always thought it was anyway.

ACIS is a double stack (only slightly staggered) but with central feed.

AE Single stack central feed.

AW is a true double stack mag which feeds from both sides.

Thats the way I always thought it was anyway.

You should know better than most :)

So my thoughts on this product, now Iv got one in my hand. Seems well made and should take serious abuse, Its a leaf spring and easy to strip for cleaning and has no rattle plus feels nice and light.

For it being a 10 Rnd mag, I wouldn't charge it with 10 (it will take 11) But even with 10 in It will not slip into the magazine housing smoothly but it will cycle. With 9 Rnds in which I would recommend, one as your not compressing the spring to much, and it will slide in and out of the magazine housing with ease and you get the addable click of the magazine catch engaging .

As with any magazine don't be lazy and leave it bombed up, You will not do it any favours and shorten the life of the spring.

Would I buy another?

Yes I think its a good product, Id like to see them in desert tan, But guess il just have to spray it my self at some point. Something I will certainly use on the range and save me bombing up my 5rnd mag all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I took delivery of two yesterday, AFAIK there were two more left.

Very impressed with the quality, but as I already own an MDT chassis system (Tac21 for Tikka T3) I already expected them to be good.

This first run of .308 magazines has now completely sold out, there are more on the way hopefully by the end of November. Again stocks are limited and some are already presold but there will be 3 .223 magazines and 8 .308 magazines available.

If you'd like one drop me line and I'll hold it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived