Accuracy International.

Hi all,

Went out this morning with foxing2night to try his new toy for the fist time. The tension had been building all week waiting for this morning, Darrel not getting much sleep with his excitement. With either of us not having much experience with .308 calibre rifles, this was going to be an eye opener. Darrel has wanted and Accuracy International for some years now, im so happy for him as i think he genuinely deserves a rifle that will allow him to shoot to his full potential.

Well first things first, a quick bore sight when we get down the farm.

DSCF0001.jpg

Down to business.

DSCF0009.jpg

Smile on his face after the first group.

DSCF0003.jpg

The 100yd range.

DSCF0002.jpg

The first groups.

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

After the zeroing and groups had been fire a metal plate was put out at 300yds.

Two hits dead centre.

DSCF0010.jpg

What an awesome tool the AI. AW. in .308 is, this rifle is going to be a lot of fun. With Darrel and myself well impressed with its accuracy, even with the pour home load selection he had with him. After some true anal Evans style home loads this thing is going to sing.

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

Mr Evans, your a lucky man, hope she give you years of enjoyment.

All the best,

Jay.

Looks real nice darrel, there is just something about those rifles that makes you want one when you see it, they all seem to be accurate. I want one but I fear they cost alot and I am afraid too even enquire about one as I would probably get carried away and order one. Have fun with it and keep us updated.

Firstly, i would like to thank jay for the write up and the pics!!!!

Cheers my mate ;)

The rifle was bought last week and this was it,s first outing!!!!!!

To say that i am over the moon would be one hell of an understatement???

What i would say is jam doughnut me,,, That is one cool rifle :P

Both myself and jay shot some good groups at 100 yrds,,, So it was out to 300 for a little play!!!

First shot was taken by myself????

Then a brisk walk to have a look???,, Yes right in the center :lol:

Back to the fireing point,,,, This time it was jays turn to have a go!!!!!!!

I have to say one thing and that is that jay i full of the flu!!!!!

But as a true mate he still came down the fields to help me out and to have a go,,,,

Anyway he lay down to take his shoot and i said that i would be happy if both shots where on the steel plate?????

Not only where the on the plate but both where together :o:o

Good friends, good shooting,,, And you cannot ask for more ;)

The first loads where a mixed bunch of reloads, with differant powders and wieghts

and to be honest they all shot very good!!!!

Thanks to ronin (Andy) I had the chance to try all sorts of loads ;)

But as Andy pointed out the 155 scenars do shoot the best ;)

Hope that you all have enjoyed jays write up???? He is better at these things than me :P

All the best F2n

Hey, I recognise that rifle :lol:

Hope it serves you well mate and given the first showing of groups, youre well on the way ;)

Hey, I recognise that rifle :lol:

Hope it serves you well mate and given the first showing of groups, youre well on the way :o

Thank you ,

And thaks for all your help,,,,, ;) Hope to get up to see you again one day???

It would be something to look forward to??? I fancy a go on that bench of yours ;)

And i might come and take one of those Fancy scopes of you ;);)

Take care,,, F2n

Darrel, you would be welcome anytime, was out practising with the 22-250AI out to 600 this morning :lol:

Hi Darrel ,

She looks a beauty my mate ;) ;)

You must get yourself down to Cornwall with her for some long range fruit slaying!!!! ;):o:lol:;)

Fill yer boots mate and enjoy!!!!!!

All the best.......................

RAY........................... :P:o

looking good, what glass have you got mounted on the beast? It is good shooting when two shooters using one rifle can achieve touching groups at 300 yds.

Hi mate,

The scope on my Ai is a deben night tec 4x16x56,,, I would say that i think for the money i paid for it, It is one of the best scopes that i have used ;)

Dave,

I want to get a little more trigger time and have a go at a mcqweens comp?? Then who knows??, 1000 yards looks interesting ;)

Ray,

Thanks for the invite ;) , I am looking forward to coming down,,, Get the mellons ready my mate!!!!

I think that a bit of fruit bashing is in order???? Then a bit of bunnie bashing :D

Tulky,

If you want to play???? You can buy the pie,s if you lose :P 300 yard comp how are you fixed????

All the best lads Darrel ;)

Hi Darrel,

I looked at the pics and thought that`s Ronins - I know its a very nice bit of kit, Ronin had it over here last year.

They are good for Mc. Queens (at least at Bisley).

Best wishes and enjoy your new rifle.

david.

Archived