Bullseye Camera Systems?

Answer to my prayers if it truly works as advertised.

Hi John,

We USED to sell these, they do work however like all wifi/router/computer set ups they have their problems, we found the support from bullseye sporadic and we did have some frustrated customers.

There are some later systems (snipers hide were promoting and advertising) I do not know how good or if not better than the bullseye.

Rgds

Gary

I had the use of one that was loaned to me. They're very easy to set up and it really takes no time at all, the carry case is very sturdy and it's not enormous.

I did have problems with the wireless connection, and although it was very easy to get the connection, it dropped out after 50 yards, but I was using a very old laptop. I tried it on a friends newer laptop and we got out to two hundred yards with it, after this distance the signal strength started to drop, the battery in the laptop was low and we couldn't test it at a greater distance. When it worked it worked very well, and the fact that it shows your last impact makes it a better bet than the competition.

One other problem was glare on the screen, without shade it was pretty hard to see the information.

I see they have now managed to hook it up to the Ipad, which is a smart move as it cuts out the size of a laptop, sods law that I now have a Ipad. I think the limiting factor is what you hook it up to? supposedly a lot of shooters in the USA really rate them and use them at great distances. As Gary mentioned the Snipers Hide is a good place for information.

One other problem was glare on the screen, without shade it was pretty hard to see the information.

Displaying it on something like a Kindle reader, if it were possible might help with the glare problem.

With all the problems we have with markers, if a robust system could be cobbled together at an affordable price it would pay for it's self in about a year.

The hardware seems pretty basic.

Displaying it on something like a Kindle reader, if it were possible might help with the glare problem.

With all the problems we have with markers, if a robust system could be cobbled together at an affordable price it would pay for it's self in about a year.

The hardware seems pretty basic.

A pop up cardboard box would solve the glare problem.

I'm wondering whether a brand new laptop with fully charged battery would overcome the drop out problems. My son was working on a brand new laptop for my father in law only t'other day. He was on it for hours and he commented how he'd forgotten how the battery performance was so much better when they're new.

Hi John,

We USED to sell these, they do work however like all wifi/router/computer set ups they have their problems, we found the support from bullseye sporadic and we did have some frustrated customers.

There are some later systems (snipers hide were promoting and advertising) I do not know how good or if not better than the bullseye.

Rgds

Gary

Gary,

Which version of our system did you have? We have over 4000 of these out worldwide with very little issue. Everyone in our office is a shooter and well versed with the system. May we send you a complimentary system to retry? We pride ourselves in our customer service, and if you look online on other forums, you will see we always go above and beyond for our users.

I had the use of one that was loaned to me. They're very easy to set up and it really takes no time at all, the carry case is very sturdy and it's not enormous.

I did have problems with the wireless connection, and although it was very easy to get the connection, it dropped out after 50 yards, but I was using a very old laptop. I tried it on a friends newer laptop and we got out to two hundred yards with it, after this distance the signal strength started to drop, the battery in the laptop was low and we couldn't test it at a greater distance. When it worked it worked very well, and the fact that it shows your last impact makes it a better bet than the competition.

I see they have now managed to hook it up to the Ipad, which is a smart move as it cuts out the size of a laptop, sods law that I now have a Ipad. I think the limiting factor is what you hook it up to? supposedly a lot of shooters in the USA really rate them and use them at great distances. As Gary mentioned the Snipers Hide is a good place for information.

You should have had no problems @ 200 yards, nor any signal drop if using our Long Range Edition. Where there any obstructions, or high power wires near by?

All systems based on WIFI are subject to the same "issues" with line of sight. There is no magic cure for line of sight WIFI. Our system has been on the market for 2 years now, and we are very competent in resolving any issues with signal, etc.

You are always welcome to call our office at 541-357-7035 and we will promptly assist you.

Elwood, on 20 Jul 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

snapback.png

You should have had no problems @ 200 yards, nor any signal drop if using our Long Range Edition. Where there any obstructions, or high power wires near by?

All systems based on WIFI are subject to the same "issues" with line of sight. There is no magic cure for line of sight WIFI. Our system has been on the market for 2 years now, and we are very competent in resolving any issues with signal, etc.

You are always welcome to call our office at 541-357-7035 and we will promptly assist you.

I'm afraid it was a straight line of sight without any over head power cables and I was using one of the units that Gary lent me.

I would love to get my hands on something like this but unless it is proven to work reliably at 1000 yards (given line of sight and no electrical power lines) I would hesitate at buying from the US because then how can you ever return it economically or get problems addressed directly?

I can see a situation where I might buy one then pay all the damned import duties, VAT and handling fees etc....have to return it for some reason and then get caught a second time re Customs charges for a replacement.

I still want one though as my spotting scope is crap and I hate having to rely on markers!

Video worked at 850m this evening to my phone and laptop with an intervening 132KV power line. This was just a wifi test, no shots were fired. Regards JCS

This is a Bullseye system that you have already bought?

I have a Bullseye system on trial at the minute. I'm going to a fly shoot on Saturday at 575 yds and I'll give it a trial at that too. All I did last night was set the camera up and point it at its box. Then I drove away from the camera to test the wifi range. I probably could have gone further than 850m, but I'd spent quite a bit of time opening and closing gates as I drove back and forwards.

Regards

JCS

Video worked at 850m this evening to my phone and laptop with an intervening 132KV power line. This was just a wifi test, no shots were fired. Regards JCS

If you can see the video/picture, it will pick up shots as the shot analysis is done on the viewing device (iPhone,iPad, Android, or Laptop). The camera and WIFI is used simply to transmit images/video.

If you can see the video/picture, it will pick up shots as the shot analysis is done on the viewing device (iPhone,iPad, Android, or Laptop). The camera and WIFI is used simply to transmit images/video.

So this would work with something like a Samsung Galaxy Ace mobile?

IE avoiding the need to lug around a laptop?

• 1 month later...

Archived