Bolt Fluting?

triple2

Im having a semi custom .223 made on a Remington action, I was asked whether I wanted the bolt fluting.

So I spent many hours trawling though the web and it seems its 50/50 as to whether its worth doing or not.

Can I ask and shooters who have gone from a standard bolt to having it fluted did it make any discernible difference?

Many Thanks

Its a personal thing M 8 , it doesn't offer any advantage in terms of accuracy or performance etc.

It just makes the rifle set up look smart for some people and others don't like it.

My custom 204 is flutted but i didn't bother with my latest custom.

if you like it get it done fella/

Steve.

The only place it might help is if you get crud in the action it is supposed to keep the dirt from seizing the bolt - it looks FKN cool with the right twist pitch ;)

I've always wondered: does fluting scuff the next cartridge in a magazine fed rifle?

If one was just after crud/ice mitigation, then parallel flutes at the rear of the bolt (like an AI) would seem to make more sense.

Diamonds are a little rough on cases next in the mag so I tend to say no on a repeater. However, all the other styles are just fine on a repeater. Some look better than others...it all depends on how wide the port is. On a remmy, you can have all of them as they all suit well.

Archived