Pulsar N750A NV Scope

Midlander308

I`m thinking of buying a Pulsar N750A for foxing , I ve been talking to Outdoor Adavantage and they reckon it will do the job , ie foxes out to 150yds mounted on a CZ .204 .

This NV scope seems to have been around a while but this is the latest version , anyone have one or used one ? what do you think?

http://www.outdooradvantage.co.uk/pulsar-digisight-n750a-rifle-scope/

They are good enough but you will need a good IR source such as a NM800 or even cheaper but does the same job a T20 IR.

Then you might want a doubler(excellent but not essential)

So when it all adds up you might as well get the Drone Pro which has everything you need and is the dogs danglees.

Ive just looked at the Drone Pro , impressive , downsides I can see are £200 more and only a two year warranty , the N750A has three years warranty and higher magnification with a zoom lens , they also come with rechargable batteries and Outdoor Advantage said they will throw a T20 IR in , still un decided. :unsure:

PS Drone Pro seem to be based in NI ?, no big deal but difficult to go and see one for a Midlands lad !

The Pulsar isn't in the same league as the Drone Pro and the firm selling them (the Drone) are a very professional outfit

I wouldn't entertain a Pulsar to be honest after seeing them side by side

Ive just looked at the Drone Pro , impressive , downsides I can see are £200 more and only a two year warranty , the N750A has three years warranty and higher magnification with a zoom lens , they also come with rechargable batteries and Outdoor Advantage said they will throw a T20 IR in , still un decided. :unsure:

PS Drone Pro seem to be based in NI ?, no big deal but difficult to go and see one for a Midlands lad !

where you based

Isnt the Midlands a considerable distance from Plymouth? Si it would be safe to assume that you were going to buy an N750A unseen (that is, a web order) from this retailer that you mention?

A couple of points - the drone has the highest optical magnification of any digital rifle scope currently commercially available.

What you are talking about with N750 is not optical magnification, it is digital "zoom" - not the same thing at all.

Even at that, if you want to increase the magnification of the N750A optically, you have to buy aftermarket bits to do so, which will bring you into the same ballpark figure as a Drone 10X, but without the same screen or build quality.

The N750 will have more mag after fitting a doubler and adapter, but you won't hit sh*t with it as you get so much POI movement, the pulsar range were not made to take a doubler end of. If you have one yes they can be sorted to work just fine, but say goodbye to any warranty as you will have to bond up the front housing to take the weight of the doubler. Just buy a Drone and be done with it or pick up a 2nd hand N750 with no warranty and set about the bonding :( .

Isnt the Midlands a considerable distance from Plymouth? Si it would be safe to assume that you were going to buy an N750A unseen (that is, a web order) from this retailer that you mention?

A couple of points - the drone has the highest optical magnification of any digital rifle scope currently commercially available.

What you are talking about with N750 is not optical magnification, it is digital "zoom" - not the sa me thing at all.

Even at that, if you want to increase the magnification of the N750A optically, you have to buy aftermarket bits to do so, which will bring you into the same ballpark figure as a Drone 10X, but without the same screen or build quality.

It is but I work near Plymouth occaisionally , I dont need mega magnification , like I said most my fox shots tend to be around 150m at night , currently with a lamp,the 10x Drone appears to be £1650 ? quiet a bit more than a N750A so I would expect more features/higher spec , these yank ones seem to have a lot of features and very well priced , not seen them in the UK though , http://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight

Still unsure what to go for :unsure:

Cheers

If you are only shooting out to 200 yards a standard N750 will be fine you don't need a doubler, my - on here shoots foxes no problems out to 235 yards with a standard n750 with nm800 ir.

If you are only shooting out to 200 yards a standard N750 will be fine you don't need a doubler, my - on here shoots foxes no problems out to 235 yards with a standard n750 with nm800 ir.

Midlander-listen to this man-he knows a thing or two. ;)

As camo says I use a N750 without any doubler with a NM800 and have no trouble taking foxes out to 200yards plus with the best to date being 235yards. I use the digital 1.5 x mag at those distances and find it very usable. Hope this helps.

Or go add-on? Then you have your desired nv capacity plus a usable rifle during the day.

Thats a good point ,no loosing zero when changing back and forth, these look okay as they are front mounted http://www.outdooradvantage.co.uk/pulsar-forward-dfa75-rifle-scope-night-vision-attachment/

I reckon its got to be better than a rear mounted add on as I don`t have 4 foot arms and really don`t want scope eye ,anyone used/got a DFA75 ? same money as the N750A , the DFA75 can also be used as a monocular with an add on , another £85 though! and then £33 for the adapter ,soon adds up!

Stear well clear of anything that mounts in front of the objective, alignment has to be perfect else it effects poi. The DFA75 has a 45mm offset not making it ideal by any means.

Rear add-ons might seem a little odd at first but you soon get used to them.

4 ft arms?? using a rear add-on, wait till you try the DFA with it's top px :blink: think you need to do some homework and have a look at some gear in a shop.

well just looking at this image on scot countrys site it dont look so comfortable , as for home work asking Qs here is my home work.

arrowimagemain_1.jpg

I used the N750 with a NM800 for a while. I shot foxes out past 250yds with it. They are an excellent bit of kit. The reason I sold it was because I went add-on because I hated re-zeroing every other day.

I know the picture of add-on looks uncomfortable and awkward, but it's not. I made up an extension for the recoil pad that I Velcro in place and everything feels normal.

ATB

Well Midlander308, your homework is paying dividends - for instance, the site that you keep linking to was registered less than 14 days ago, so congratulations are definitely in order for finding it.

Archived