Personnel best

Dac9976

After a very early start this morning (5am) I got given the afternoon off so I went home and grabbed my 6mm br for a bit of crow bashing. Ended up falling asleep:) woke up an hour later......rooks everywhere.

Managed to bag one at 367 yards with strongish left to right winds.

The acheivement for me was trusting my readings and getting a decent shot.

Back out tomorrow even if the weather is s##t

Cheers

Danny.

Nice one, I know how feel, my PB was amazing too just need to let the whole world know. But to some it's just a nothing special shot. Lol

Well done, you know you can do another 50 yards tomorrow, go you know you can do it.

Nice1 dac , i allways read PBs with interest , just a shame there not more common . Soo if it were a windless day you could be looking at 500 y ? But the one that allways sticks to mind was PorkChops 690 yard crow ! with his 20 cal :)

Nice1 dac , i allways read PBs with interest , just a shame there not more common . Soo if it were a windless day you could be looking at 500 y ? But the one that allways sticks to mind was PorkChops 690 yard crow ! with his 20 cal :)

I've been hitting small steel targets at 450 with ease, on a windless day:)

It was reading the wind right that made it a PB for me.

690 is a fair shot with a 20 cal, I'd be very happy with that.

Cheers

Danny.

Well I beat my PB this afternoon.....magpie at 627yards:)

Cracking result that mate ;)

105 amax? By any chance

Gaz

Cracking result that mate ;)

105 amax? By any chance

Gaz

105 Berger VLD, used up my 87 vmax on steels and bunnys. VLD's was all I had left:)

Well I beat my PB this afternoon.....magpie at 627yards:)

Nice one!...its great when it works out ;) .....makes my 365yrd wabbits this morning look a bit crap :D

Glenn

As has been implied, it all in the context. 500yds is nothing with a 6.5 but the smaller stuff is far more challenging.

Had a bit on luck on Sunday. I was out with a mate, both of us with our "little" guns. He had his classic Sako Vixen in .222 and I had my std VS Rem in .223. Only a light breeze which suited the guns.

We spotted a maggie on the far hill- my Geovids said 412yds at first reading and his Swarovskis said 411. Near enough. Only prob was I'd left my phone in the Ranger and that had the ballistic app with all the drops in it. It was sighted in at 200yds with a Sierra 52HPBT at a decent vel so I did some quick mental calcs along the line of "a good cal has about 18-20" drop at 400 with a 200yd zero but this is a poor BC bullet.." so I decided to allow 24" which is roughly 6 MOA. We were full side on to the breeze and from my fullbore experience, it felt like a full 1MOA for a 7.62 at 300yds. With the poor BC and the extra 100yds, I trebled this. Wound the 6mins on with the scope and gave it three mins in the wind. Let one go and tipped it straight over :lol:

Lesson of the day- you've gotta win some of 'em. If I'd been using my 6.5x47, I wouldn't have been at all excited but it felt good just using the small stuff.

Great going every one . Love it ;) im gunna be working my ass off to stretch my PBs one iv got new rifle :P

Great going every one . Love it ;) im gunna be working my ass off to stretch my PBs one iv got new rifle :P

I got my new custom this week from UK Gun-works, collecting data and load developing this week.

Only the 1 shot yesterday and shot a 570 yard rabbit. ;-)

Bet you cant wait to get yours, what u getting mate?

Steve.

I got my new custom this week from UK Gun-works, collecting data and load developing this week.

Only the 1 shot yesterday and shot a 570 yard rabbit. ;-)

Bet you cant wait to get yours, what u getting mate?

Steve.

Any phots?

Any phots?

Yes mate, have a look on this site under general descution "new toy" you will find them there mate.

Steve.

Yes mate, have a look on this site under general descution "new toy" you will find them there mate.

Steve.

Hi steve , awsome shot , for first live target , ill cheak out your new toy after this post .

My new rig was going to be a 6BR but decided to build a 20PRAC to replace a failed medeocre accurate trued R700 custom barrel job thats waisted 2 or more years of my life . anyway 6BR will be later in year .

20PRAC is built on a john carr action from Resolution Precision , krieger tube , jewel , etc itl wear my NF 5.5-22X56 and really with all my heart all i want is an accurate rifle , i really dont care what it looks like . Although iv blinged this action a little , bolt is twist fluted but the most noticeable thing will be the "gold" coating on the bolt ! So not sure if everyone will like it , ill see the action tmw when i drop off barrel blank to niel . Cant wait :)

Hi steve , awsome shot , for first live target , ill cheak out your new toy after this post .

My new rig was going to be a 6BR but decided to build a 20PRAC to replace a failed medeocre accurate trued R700 custom barrel job thats waisted 2 or more years of my life . anyway 6BR will be later in year .

20PRAC is built on a john carr action from Resolution Precision , krieger tube , jewel , etc itl wear my NF 5.5-22X56 and really with all my heart all i want is an accurate rifle , i really dont care what it looks like . Although iv blinged this action a little , bolt is twist fluted but the most noticeable thing will be the "gold" coating on the bolt ! So not sure if everyone will like it , ill see the action tmw when i drop off barrel blank to niel . Cant wait :)

Cheers mate.

Yours sounds like it will be a nice set up, keep us all updated mate.

Steve.

Archived