LMT of the day

Got a repeat customer who's a good guy and very funny, who's just won a large contract and decided to treat himself to a new toy (and why not!)

He wanted an AR10 type thingy, so I suggested a LMT with a few upgrades.

Here it is

Rifle is the stainless barrelled version, but the trigger was changed for a Geissele Hi Speed Designated Marksman unit, with match springs installed.

It's phenomenal when set up like this.

Magpul PRS replaces the SOPMOD and a side charging conversion executed on the upper.

The rifle was supplied with a Surefire flash hider, but I managed to source a Surefire .308 brake.

Upper refinished along with the barrel in Duracoat Tactical Flat Black

1E675EE3-00D3-4444-9619-A40CF5066EDA_zps

3C9670C7-0860-49D2-9F02-90B580C9F82F_zps

4BDC51EA-0089-4DEE-B303-2C4B7050202D_zps

I'm sure he'll be very happy :-)

That looks savage, would love something like that in .260 or 7mm-08! As asked above...what kind of accuracy could you expect of such a rig?

Also what are the possibilities or converting this back to semi-auto? I'm just thinking ahead here...If I had one of these in the Uk would I be able to convery it back to semi-auto if I was to move back to Ireland where semi-autos are legal!

Mark, you really must stop putting pictures of your conversion on here. I have resisted having mine done so far and just ordered a Tikka CTR so will now be feeling inadequate until next years gun allowance is available. Mine is not really shot in yet but will shoot into about 3/4 MOA at 100 metres. Can you remove the remains of the case deflector?

That looks savage, would love something like that in .260 or 7mm-08! As asked above...what kind of accuracy could you expect of such a rig?

Also what are the possibilities or converting this back to semi-auto? I'm just thinking ahead here...If I had one of these in the Uk would I be able to convery it back to semi-auto if I was to move back to Ireland where semi-autos are legal!

I didnt think semi auto rifles were legal in ireland infact i thought thay recently banned straight pulls too?

Let me know if im wrong guys

I didnt think semi auto rifles were legal in ireland infact i thought thay recently banned straight pulls too?

Let me know if im wrong guys

Straight pulls are perfectly legal in Ireland, it would be considered the same as a Blaser!

Semi-autos are restricted, which means a bit more hassle to get, increased security in your premises and probably a court case but entirely possible. Friend of mine has a R-25 in .243 for stalking and I know of a good few Ar-15s in .223. There is also a number of M1 Garands and other vintage semis!

So if I brought this back with me to Ireland and licensed it as a straight pull, would I just need a new upper to convert it to semi-auto once I got the licence sorted?

Are there any primary extraction issues??

None to report....as long as you don't try shooting old school RG 144 or Men

I understand the 'guc' of the L129, but wondering whether, Mark, you make your own 308 lowers etc?

No I don't.

I've thought about it, but the market just isn't there to warrant the investment

Archived