UKBRA 100 Yard BR 3rd May 2014

mole-e30

Hi All

Today was the second league shoot for the 2014 100 yard benchrest season.

We had some more new faces today and some more Sporter shooters making the jump to Heavy Varmint custom class, well done. I understand that more new 100 yard benchrest rifles are in the pipeline, which is great news for all.

The weather was not typical of Diggle....... we has a glorious day of sunshine!

We had a full set of matching wind flags today, thanks to the exceptionally hard work of Tony Lenton, Vince Bottomley and Ian Dixon, we also had a 2 bench rotation in force, both of which will help all of those that want / are shooting overseas.

See linked photo, this is very useful to all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r76v6ziornmt9z3/Diggle%20Flags.jpg

Many thanks to Mark Ellis of 1967Spud for bringing a selection of Sinclair benchrest items for people to buy at very reasonable prices, this is a great help to be able to get this items without having to pay lots of shipping on a single small item that you just need.

Ok, to the results, a link to the full results is below, but here is a summary......

Heavy Varmint

1. Darrell Evans - 0.288" (average of 5 x 5 shot groups)

2. Bruce Lenton - 0.290"

3. Vince Bottomley - 0.309"

Small Group - Bruce Lenton - 0.131"

Sporter

1. Mark Ellis - 0.483"

2. Stuart Benson - 0.550"

3. Jack Mills - 0.627"

Small Group - Mark Ellis - 0.335"

Full Results

https://www.dropbox.com/s/swowa3m2dinw64t/UKBRA%20100BR%203rd%20May%202014.pdf

So a great day was had by all, next time we will have more matched wind flags and we will be operating a full "5 bench rotation" as per other overseas shoots, this will make the competition fairer and help to prepare those travelling overseas, where rotation is normal. You will shoot from a different bench on each match.

The next shoot is on Saturday 14th of June at Diggle, so please come along and join in, be there by 10am for signing on.

Can we get as many as people there for 9am to help with the setting of the new wind flags etc that would be very helpful and grealy appreciated.

All the best

Bruce

Hey Bruce - I don't know how you did it, but looking at that pic of the new wind-flags you must have cheated somehow! Flags NEVER EVER all point in the same direction on Diggle A Range.

Congratulations anyway to Darrel and Mark, and great work on the new set-up.

Hey Bruce - I don't know how you did it, but looking at that pic of the new wind-flags you must have cheated somehow! Flags NEVER EVER all point in the same direction on Diggle A Range.

Congratulations anyway to Darrel and Mark, and great work on the new set-up.

Thank you Laurie, they have really worked hard, the set up now is fantastic,

All the best to all for the1000 yrd comp ,

Darrel

Thanks Laurie i notice Darrel was scarted of the competition and moved Class :P

Russ i need me PPC

Brilliant banter Darrell as always. Well done on the switch mate

Thank you Nowler, no probs with the lugs, rifle shoots like a dream, only prob is that there are no G&C 66g bullets available as these are what it really likes and they are made in the uk, might have find another load if I can't get some more of them??

Darrel

glad it's shooting well! i use 65gr BIB bullets in my ppc. last i heard from randy he was advising folks to buy any br quality bullets from reputable makers that they could get their hands on as the supply of jackets was non existent and wasn't likely to improve any time soon.... happy shooting d.

glad it's shooting well! i use 65gr BIB bullets in my ppc. last i heard from randy he was advising folks to buy any br quality bullets from reputable makers that they could get their hands on as the supply of jackets was non existent and wasn't likely to improve any time soon.... happy shooting d.

Trying to remedy this as we speak.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

may I ask what the rules are to have a go at this please,what classes are there and how is it worked out ??

The rules - (for 100 yard benchrest) Two classes - Heavy Varmint and Sporter.

Heavy Varmint - these are the 'full house' 6PPC custom benchrest rifles conforming to IBS/NBRSA international specification.

Sporter Class - Any other rifle - from an 'out of the box' factory rifle to a fully customised gun - but not conforming to HV spec.

Both classes may use any power of scope and utilise any front rest and rear bag support.

The competition consists of a warm-up match followed by five, 5-shot groups. The average of the five groups becomes your 'score' and the lowest (smallest) agg. wins. Any number of sighters may be fired prior to shooting the group.

Have a look at the UKBRA webste at www.freewebs.com/ukbra/ for full details.

The rules - (for 100 yard benchrest) Two classes - Heavy Varmint and Sporter.

Heavy Varmint - these are the 'full house' 6PPC custom benchrest rifles conforming to IBS/NBRSA international specification.

Sporter Class - Any other rifle - from an 'out of the box' factory rifle to a fully customised gun - but not conforming to HV spec.

Both classes may use any power of scope and utilise any front rest and rear bag support.

The competition consists of a warm-up match followed by five, 5-shot groups. The average of the five groups becomes your 'score' and the lowest (smallest) agg. wins. Any number of sighters may be fired prior to shooting the group.

Have a look at the UKBRA webste at www.freewebs.com/ukbra/ for full details.

are you allowed to use a sound mod if your rifle is set up with one also what is the weight of rifle for each class

We don't mind you using a sound mod but not a brake.

If you are shooting in the Sporting rifle class, there is no weight limit. For the HV class, the max. weight is 13.5lbs. incl. scope.

thanks for that,I may just give it a go it maybe worth the trip to pick up a few tips from the experts,what is the cost for the day

the comp fee is £5 paid by all shooters- non ukbra members may have to pay a range fee but Vince will confirm this.

its well worth the money and a good day all round theres even a bit of prize money at the end of the comp for all level winners.

Archived