drone pro or the pulser n750 a

visiter1

From what I've seen and been told out the two it would be a drone pro, but to save a lot of money nothing wrong with a photon

Gaz

Photon is crap in comparison to the N750 and really crap compared to a Drone

DONT agree at all, once there set up right they work fine

Gaz

DONT agree at all, once there set up right they work fine

Gaz

100% with gaz on this one mine migrated from my pcp to my .17 fb after i got the hang of it and its working fine superb walk about nv.i spot with a 14 and the photon does the rest.only down side is i will be selling my .17fb to fund another rifle.

I've seen Marky 610 video on the drone pro.on the Nightvision forum looks a good piece of kit mate.......204 rem

Have you seen the video when they test all three?

Drone pro

Photon

The photon keeps up well, and is a hell of a lot cheaper :)

Have you seen the video when they test all three?

Drone pro

Photon

The photon keeps up well, and is a hell of a lot cheaper :)

Yes mate That made my mind up and I brought one

I own both an N750 and a Drone Pro and one of my shooting buddies has a Photon, I have used all 3 next to each other on several outings, in the same conditions using the same IR and in my opinion the Photon does not compare well to the other 2 scopes, the video output also looks better than what is actually displayed on the screen of the scope, where as the reverse is true of the Drone.

Obviously the Photon is a great deal cheaper but it is built to that price and suffers in comparison, that doesn't mean to say that it is not a decent NV scope in its own right and is certainly good enough for a decent bit of foxy action.

Had a doublered photon..very focus fussy and a right ptia to fiddle with just when you don't need to, narrow field of view made it difficult to pick up on moving foxes having spotted them.

Now got a DP 10x and its head and shoulders better. As Warbucks recently said on the nvuk forum, once the focus is set to around 150m that covers you for 40m up to 225m on fox, certainly enough for positive I/d and to take the shot if needs be. I use the supplied T20 ir on full power and haven't fiddled with any settings...just point and shoot. Works well under the lamp too!

For me the Photon would be good for 'static' shooting at rats/rabbits etc. I also went through the various filter/ aperture mullarky but for me it didn't improve it.

Buy a Drone. The only downside is the internal cr123 batteries life but I only turn it on to take the shot and the new external AA battery pack is imminent. If you'd mounting on something like a Tikka you'll need a 10mm high pic rail to clear the bolt....but that's another story.

's me.

Atb

Fizz.

Extra thoughts... Despite what I've said about the Photon, I did eventually shoot 7 foxes with it at up to 135m but that took me a while...for me the eye position was critical in getting a clear picture, a fraction either way and I struggled. There were foxes out further than that that I could see with Gen3 and subsequently a thermal but I couldn't see enough detail or clarity to get closer for a positive chance. I haven't had a problem with the Drone..... I've a view over the town from the front bedroom window and I could pick up the window frames on a building at least a mile away. Bugger, that's good.

Fizz.

• 2 weeks later...

Good choice on the drone pro. I had a photon and sold it. Great entry level nv but no comparison to the drone pro. I use a pvs14 on the back of big zeiss scopes and would say the drone pro is comparable at 10 mag. Well worth the money!

Atb steve

Archived