Components here for Tactical 6.5x47

Guys

thought you may like a peek of the components before they get "thrown" together :o

DSCN0770.jpg

Anyone care to guess what they are ;)

Ignore the stock Rem trigger, it aint stopping there :P

You have no idea how close you are Ian ;)

Any other takers?

BAT Model RL Repeater

Badger Ordance 10rnd Mag conversion

Manners MCM T4 stock

No idea what barrel but i will Go for a #7 contour Kreiger

Ian.

hi

badger bottom metal and 5 round mag

manners mcm stock

loather # 1450 6.5 1 in 9 twist S/S OD 32 mm

bat RL repeater

ATB

Colin ;)

A bat for a tactical rifle? youll be sorrreeee when you,ve crawled through the that which promotes growth and vigour with it, and a grain of sand locks it up :)

send it to me........ :P you dont want it.....

Full spec

BAT RS repeater action (Baldie, its tight, but not as tight as their BR single shot actions it will be just fine :) )

Manners T4a stock (Streeker look at the composite stock thread re details)

Bottom Metal - Badger Ordnance 5 shot AICS Mag (will accept AW 10 shot double stack, not checked if it feeds from that)

Barrel - Lawton 1-8.5" twist heavy profile SS, the barrel in the pic is a LW (well done Col :P - must have been the yellow tape) as the Lawton is on route - similar profile though.

Coating TBA by Kal

Trigger - GC

Sight - S&B PM11

Nice one!!!!What barrel length are you going for?Having a 6.5/47 put together based on a RPA donor action over the next 2/3 months and cant decide on length.Will be using a mod so personally will probably not go too long,whats your spec anyway Ronin?Thanks onehole.

Nice one!!!!What barrel length are you going for?Having a 6.5/47 put together based on a RPA donor action over the next 2/3 months and cant decide on length.Will be using a mod so personally will probably not go too long,whats your spec anyway Ronin?Thanks onehole.

Onehole I'm also interested in barrel length, I'm being told that a 26 inch barrel is the optimum length, but as I want mine for stalking I would like to keep it to around 24.

Ian

I will be looking at 24 - 26" depending on "how it looks" when it arrives.

The barrel in the pic is a 30 cal tube and wether the bits become a 308 or 6.5x47 depends on imminant arrival of reamers and Lawton tube.

The plan is 6.5x47, the fall back plan is 308.

Reamer spec for 6.5x47 is .290"nk and throated for 123g Scenars.

Reamer spec for 308 is No turn Nk and throated for 155g Scenars, (I have a Surgeon on the way for that build)

David, if all goes well it should be done for CZ in May :)

As soon as tube and reamer arrives it will be a days work and to proof, to KAL and then bedding...... thats the rifle not Kal :D

I made a mock tenon today just to confirm my measurements and it is a sweeeeeet fit :P

Hi Elwood,most of what I have read seems to point to 28 inches when you give up very little compared to a 30 inch tube which is of course way too long for my purpose anyway especially when a mod is fitted as well!!!Not sure what 24 will provide you with but in your case I would like to see 24 inches forward of the barrel lug and in mine I reckon I am gonna go with 26 inches forward of the lug and hope this will get me to a fast accuracy node.I personally wont be shooting the heavy 6.5 heads anyway so the shorter barrel will probably be just fine.I am looking to use 95vmax for bunny and fox and in the 120/130 vlds for some F class work on our local 600yd range.

On another point I am hoping RL15,Vit 140/150 are the right powder choices to play with,maybe Vit135 for the 95,s??what does anybody else say or have experience if possible please.Cheers Onehole.

45gn N550 Rem 71/2 BR primer 95 V max, 3400fps out of a 26" tube :)

36gn N135 CCI 450 primer 120 Berger BTHPM, 2885fps. This load has single figure ES and SD :P

All in all the 6.5x47 is a cracking little round. I have a 26" tube on mine and I find it fine for deer stalking.

Cheers

Dave

Just as long as my 123g Scenars remain supersonic beyond 1000 yards is all that matters...... ;)

Archived