Texas photo's

Elwood

A few photo's of my week stay at the Tac-Pro shooting center, Texas.

I was doing a two day course on pistol and carbine training, going through various routines, having never fired a pistol or semi automatic rifle before I was really in at the deep end.

We also got a chance to shoot .50 cal, AI .308, AK47's, SAW well just about anything really.

My Kit for the week, a Glock 19 9mm pistol and a AR15 5.56

PICT0062.jpg

Some of the guys I went with, 2nd from the right is Paul our tutor, not only did he look like the gunnery sergeant from Full Metal Jacket, he sounded like him as well.

PICT0058.jpg

My good self with the AR15 and Glock, damn that sun was hot.

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

Using the .50 cal Barret, I couldn't hit a 2foot target at 300 yards with it, personally I think that all the years of shooting air rifles has given me a flinch!

PICT0053.jpg

Dave with the .308 AI. We had a little balloon shooting competition at 500 yards in very windy conditions, one of the competitors was a former UK sniper, Dave in the photo won.

PICT0095.jpg

Some eye candy

PICT0020.jpg

And here's me all tooled up and camouflaged ready to go pig shooting, but then I thought better of it and swapped the AK47 for a AR15

PICT0083.jpg

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for sharing , it sounds like you had a great time buddy!!

Nice photos too!!! ;):lol:

All the best..............

RAY............................. :D;)

Ahrrrrrr, I hate you :lol:

Well done mate ;)

Maybe one day a team from here could go to the SH annual comp???

Sounds like an excellent trip, oh to shoot semi autos again. It makes you real jealous, I've just come back from Florida and managed a visit to a Bass Pro shop, pistols, rifles you name it they had it.

What really annoyed me was a tub of Varget was $21 ;) which is £10.50 :lol:

Never mind

Cheers

Dave

The story behind the pink cammo is...... I bought it for my girlfriend (I hope that answers your question Bambi-basher) I then realized it looked quite small even though it had L for large on the label.

In a sudden rush of blood to my head I thought I would try it on to see if it would fit ( never give a girl clothes that are to small, or to big for that matter, in fact never buy clothes for women full stop, give them vouchers and let them choose, anyway I digress ) Well the T shirt was tight on me and my other half most definitely has a few inches on me in the chest area!

In the mean time, while admittedly doing a few poses for the camera, the girls in the shop decided it would be a laugh if they took and then hid my more standard olive green T shirt, much to everyone's amusement, So in order to piss on their fireworks I just said fine I will wear it all day long, which I did.

Ian

Ian,

That looks like a good holiday.

Could you give an idea of range and other facilities and rough cost please (see if I`m under or over charging for my version).

Thanks,

David.

Having watched deliverance last night I must say its a braver man than I who would tease them rednecks with that T-shirt - some one may decide you are going to be their new girlfriend.

David.

Having watched deliverance last night I must say its a braver man than I who would tease them rednecks with that T-shirt - some one may decide you are going to be their new girlfriend.

David.

yeah but I think most rednecks would think twice when you substitute a bow and arrow for a 9mm glock and an AK47 :P

Although our pig hunting guide did say I looked kinda cute :)

This is Scott, our pig hunting guide.

PICT0086.jpg

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
The story behind the pink cammo is...... I went into ther gunshop on site and they offered me a whole bunch of Glocks, CZ's, Smith & Wessons, a full array of semi and full auto weapons, but strangely I was drawn to the pink t-shirt with the prospect of passing it off as though I had bought it for my girlfriend, I then realized it looked quite on me even thought it wasnt really a designer label.

In a sudden rush of blood to my head I thought maybe I should look at a gun or two but then decided I would try it on to see if it would fit the ther collection I normally keep at home.

In the mean time, while admittedly doing a few poses for the camera, the girls in the shop decided it would be better for eveyone if I put my green cammo T-shirt on but I just laughed, much to everyone's astonishment, So in order to live my "deliverance dream" I just said fine I will wear it all day long, which I did.

Ian

Shocked Ian,

I think I preferred seeing you on the range in normal clothes and with a Gun.

I was a good Holiday wasn't it!

ds1

This is a link to the TacPro website which includes course costs in the Calendar:

http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/index.html

Basically there is a 25m Range with Classroom

Two more at 50m

A 100 /200 yard range side by side and another 1000yd range.

There is also a "jungle run" with reactive steel targets all over the place.

It was a cracker Andrew, look forward to seeing you at Minsterely , if not before.

Ian

Are you going to go to the BASC Running Deer/Boar event at the BSRC Bisley on the 17th April?

If you are, I will see you there?

All the best mate!

Hey Marine PMI.............

Didnt know you came here too!

Yes my heart is heavy at not having got that way yet, but my friend it will happen.......it will happen

I hope to get over an see you arund thanksgiving if at all possible

Like the sound of that PD gun........

Now one of you boys wouldnt happen to have a .50bewolf would you ?

Talk to you soon!

Had this sent to me today and it kinda fits in here if you think of some of the places we saw in Texas..........

Elwood had been in the liquor business for 25 years.

Finally sick of the stress he quits his job and buys 50 acres of land in Texas as far from humanity as possible.

He sees the postman once a week and gets groceries once a month. Otherwise it's total peace and quiet.

After six months or so of almost total isolation, someone knocks on his door.

He opens it and a huge, bearded man is standing there.

"Name's Lars, your neighbour from forty miles up the road. Having a Christmas party Friday night. Thought you might like to come. About 5:00."

"Great", says Tom, "After six months out here I'm ready to meet some local folks. Thank you."

As Lars is leaving, he stops. "Gotta warn you, be some drinkin'."

"Not a problem," says Tom. "After 25 years in the business, I can drink with the best of 'em."

Again, the big man starts to leave and stops. "More'n' likely gonna be some fightin' too."

"Well, I get along with people, I'll be all right. I'll be there. Thanks again."

"More'n likely be some wild sex, too,"

"Now that's really not a problem," says Tom, warming to the idea. I've been all alone for six months! I'll definitely be there. By the way, what should I wear?"

"Don't much matter. Just gonna be the two of us."

;)

English,

No worries, when ever you decide you want to come over, just give me a holler. There's always an extra room waiting for you...

Re: your e-mail, yep, it's hard to believe its been four years since last we went shooting together (maybe that's good thing, as I remember the heat was not particularly good to you on that pheasant hunt. ;) ).

Best regards amigo...

Archived