RPA makeover.

baldie

Here's an RPA i,ve just done a fair bit to. It was sent in with a request for a new floorplate system to replace the RPA on which simply didn't work.

It was quite a fun project...... :lol:

They only JUST fit, and quite a lot of jiggery pokery involved too.

The stock is one of Staffordshire synthetic stocks tactical models, and a very nice, very well made bit of kit it was too. Way better than a mac.

IMG_2096_zps70b62beb.jpg

IMG_2097_zps481e9ea8.jpg

Once the floorplate was bedded in and the area reshaped to look right, it was down to some paint. The stock is done in OD green, woodland tan, and matt black Duracoat, and the barrelled action is done in OD green Cerakote.

IMG_2099_zps361c4fde.jpg

IMG_2100_zpsed44750d.jpg

A nice gun that works properly now.

Hello Baldie

Nice bit of gun work that as always.

I see that its a quad lock RPA have you any ideas how to make my bolt on mine open a bit easier.

When shooting on the seb mount and bag it looses target placement when I open it.

I understand it cocks when opening which is different from most.

I have greased the lugs to help but am at a loss as to what else I can do.

Kind regards

Viv

5R,

Its the design of the action I,m afraid. A short bolt lift and 4 lugs is always going to be heavy, plus it uses the Belville washer system too, which imparts its own stiffness to the mix.

Not a good action for a bench gun at all. Very accurate and well made, but the main drawback is the stiffness.

Glad you like it Gary. The pictures dont do it justice. I,m crap with a camera. :lol:

5R,

Its the design of the action I,m afraid. A short bolt lift and 4 lugs is always going to be heavy, plus it uses the Belville washer system too, which imparts its own stiffness to the mix.

Not a good action for a bench gun at all. Very accurate and well made, but the main drawback is the stiffness.

Glad you like it Gary. The pictures dont do it justice. I,m crap with a camera. :lol:

Dave,do the downsides to the Quadlock acton (heavy bolt lift-4lugs and Belleville washers)which lead to more movement on reloading on bench rests apply equally to the quad lite actions?

Great jod Dave, looks like you lived up to my recommendation!

Nice gun Garry, now all you need is a dry day to test it!

Mike

Thanks Mike, yea I must look into makin a bench cus by the looks of things its not guna b too soon bfore it dries up

Yes, this is a quadlite action. It has the same bolt lift etc and washer system as the quad lock.

I thought these could not be painted. :(

Gaz

So did I Gaz, I dont think I,d get away with Duracoat, but it will take a careful coat of Cerakote internally. Its too late once the action has been blasted you see. I,ve seen RPA,s painted before, but they hand,t been blasted, and as we all know, paint on an unblasted surface is as much use as tits on a fish.

So did I Gaz, I dont think I,d get away with Duracoat, but it will take a careful coat of Cerakote internally. Its too late once the action has been blasted you see. I,ve seen RPA,s painted before, but they hand,t been blasted, and as we all know, paint on an unblasted surface is as much use as tits on a fish.

Mines been blasted I'm sure, so no good for painting then :(

Gaz

No, it can be painted. What i meant was, if the paint is too tight and has to be chemically removed, then there would be a nasty blasted finish underneath.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived