Banking and firearms

londonhunter

• 1 month later...

This is me on SD. We trade as Safeshot on here. This does seem to be a local issue and some other banks do seem interested in our business. Perhaps it's because we do not want to borrow money. We are in the process of changing websites but we will be back up shortly hopefully with news of a bank that does seem firearms friendly.

I suspect there are local issues with Handelsbanken as well as ours told me I would need to be turning over £500k minimum in order to be considered...

Bank of Scotland

And I believe the shooting shed banks with Halifax which is part of the same group !

Signs of the times I am afraid ....

No it isn't, it's a jobs worth. Write to Chairman or the Compliance Officer and ask them why they are refusing to process a legal payment. If you still get b/s write to the regulator. They are in breach of their own terms and conditions. There is nothing in the terms of the account which precludes firearms payments.

If you can't be bothered then it isn't an issue with them...

I got my paypal account suspended because a guy I was selling a gun to mentioned Browning on the payment reference .They said it breached their acceptable practice policy.

I told them to stuff it and have never used them since.Happily though no other problems with banks/firearms.

Archived