I was considering one but as you say they seem to read a bit more erratically than time proven top of the line chronos like the Oehler 35. And its sensitive to set up, it has to be level or parallel with the bore to get accurate readings.

I've been swithering over a Magnetospeed V2 for months and just ordered one a couple of hours ago, got a good price too! Hopefully arrive tomorrow but being the Highlands it probably won't!

Up until now I've relied on my Chrony F1 which averaged out over 10-15 shots appears to be giving reasonably accurate numbers on the whole based on bullet drops. But was getting tired of setting it up and lining up carefully and not getting readings on very dull grey days which we get plenty of in the winter.

When the Magnetospeed arrives I'll put some over the F1 with it fitted just out of interest and see what it is saying in comparison.

I was considering one but as you say they seem to read a bit more erratically than time proven top of the line chronos like the Oehler 35. And its sensitive to set up, it has to be level or parallel with the bore to get accurate readings.

I've been swithering over a Magnetospeed V2 for months and just ordered one a couple of hours ago, got a good price too! Hopefully arrive tomorrow but being the Highlands it probably won't!

Up until now I've relied on my Chrony F1 which averaged out over 10-15 shots appears to be giving reasonably accurate numbers on the whole based on bullet drops. But was getting tired of setting it up and lining up carefully and not getting readings on very dull grey days which we get plenty of in the winter.

When the Magnetospeed arrives I'll put some over the F1 with it fitted just out of interest and see what it is saying in comparison.

Hi Farmer,

Where did you buy the V2 from,

Thanks

• 11 months later...

Anyone got any experience of this yet? Im wanting a Chrono to use while doing load development in a tunnel.

Light obviously is an issue and I dont like the idea of load development with something on the barrel

You don't get a consistent reading in the tubes due to the echo.

Welcome to borrow mine to see if you get on with it before buying one.

Mike

I dont like the idea of load development with something on the barrel

I can see the thought but practically it makes no odds. If this was the case I'd require three different loads for my 7 SAUM or 6.5x47, plain barrel, barrel with muzzle break/flash supressor and barrel with suppressor.

Yes the POI changes for adding the supressor but the size of group for the 'good' load has not altered to date for any of the barrel end configurations, so adding the Magnetospeed 'bayonet' is a moot point?

Just my 5 pence worth.

T

I can see the thought but practically it makes no odds. If this was the case I'd require three different loads for my 7 SAUM or 6.5x47, plain barrel, barrel with muzzle break/flash supressor and barrel with suppressor.

Yes the POI changes for adding the supressor but the size of group for the 'good' load has not altered to date for any of the barrel end configurations, so adding the Magnetospeed 'bayonet' is a moot point?

Just my 5 pence worth.

T

This echos my experience also and I'm lucky in the fact that my POI doesnt change with the magnetospeed fitted. And my best load is also the best regardless if the magnetospeed is fitted or not.

Archived