I currently have a nightforce NXS NP2DD.I'm now after a scope that is in the ffp. This is to be used for long range varminting upto 1000yds therefore I need a fine ret.

What are your thoughts and why.

Thanks in advance :)

Why doesn't anyone use the 5-30 swaro? It never gets a mention compared to NF, S&B etc??

I do. The glass quality blows the NF away and equals if not slightly betters the S&B.

The only reason everyone doesn't use and rave about them is because Swarovski build them as hunting scopes and flat out refuse to cater to long range target shooters. As such, they don't have enough vertical adjustment meaning you need to put mounts on with a fair amount of MOA built in if you plan to shoot 1000. The other reason is that they don't do mil reticules. I personally love my BR ballistic reticle and find it quick, easy and accurate on my .223 from 100 to 800m without having to touch the turrets. However, I'm not trying to shoot ridiculously tight groups to win competitions.

In my opinion, if you hunt creatures then there's no finer scope. However if you hunt paper or steel then until Swarovski realise that target shooters are a worthwhile market, you'd be better served with something else.

Premier reticules have some very nice FFP SCOPES

Heard good things about them on the yank forumshttp://www.lgasupplies.com/premier-optics-3-15x50-tactical-illuminated-2-p.asp

read this topic and avoid would be my advice http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-rifle-scopes/228031-has-premier-reticles-fixed-their-parallax-binding-issue.html

Ive a PR Heritage 5-25x56, gen 2 ret,

superb scope, glass easily as good as a SB, better turrets, so much elevation no need for a canted rail, and a superb reticle, And the turrets work the right way!!!

Ive PM11 ,and a Vortex Razor HD, nothing to chose between any of them to my eyes!!

I read it on a forum so it must be true :s

Premier Heritage as a company no longer exist. They were bought by a Canadian company and are re-named. Will they still be around in 10 years? Who knows but at the price point schmidt and Khales probably will....

heavy handed yanks methinks....seems to be an overtighting issue?

I had a 3-18x42 IOR the glass was outstanding. However the eye relief was not great and after a few instances of scope eye I got rid. The prices of the newer scopes has shot up in recent years putting them at the edge of premium german scopes which would be my preffered option.

IOR's are fab scopes, a little agricultural maybe, but some of the best turrets out there! and top class glass,

sold mine a long time ago and like you wish i had'nt!!!

Dare to be different! :D

Worth checking out, the KRG chassis looks good :)

No biggie re the Premier though , if one breaks it will still be repaired, the pains the same whatever make you own,

Archived