I do. The glass quality blows the NF away and equals if not slightly betters the S&B.

The only reason everyone doesn't use and rave about them is because Swarovski build them as hunting scopes and flat out refuse to cater to long range target shooters. As such, they don't have enough vertical adjustment meaning you need to put mounts on with a fair amount of MOA built in if you plan to shoot 1000. The other reason is that they don't do mil reticules. I personally love my BR ballistic reticle and find it quick, easy and accurate on my .223 from 100 to 800m without having to touch the turrets. However, I'm not trying to shoot ridiculously tight groups to win competitions.

In my opinion, if you hunt creatures then there's no finer scope. However if you hunt paper or steel then until Swarovski realise that target shooters are a worthwhile market, you'd be better served with something else.

That's the very same scope I use& on my blaser lrs2 in 223. Suits my gun perfectly asi can dial it out to 750 yards which is about the limit to where I can shoot. My mate has a Schmitt and bender pm2 and I found the glass in my scope to be marginally better and the ballistic turrets to be very handy for adjustment out to 400 yards. I use mine for foxing and find the ballistic turrets very fast to get set for longer shots. Plus the glass is unbelievable for lamping.

I do. The glass quality blows the NF away and equals if not slightly betters the S&B.

The only reason everyone doesn't use and rave about them is because Swarovski build them as hunting scopes and flat out refuse to cater to long range target shooters. As such, they don't have enough vertical adjustment meaning you need to put mounts on with a fair amount of MOA built in if you plan to shoot 1000. The other reason is that they don't do mil reticules. I personally love my BR ballistic reticle and find it quick, easy and accurate on my .223 from 100 to 800m without having to touch the turrets. However, I'm not trying to shoot ridiculously tight groups to win competitions.

In my opinion, if you hunt creatures then there's no finer scope. However if you hunt paper or steel then until Swarovski realise that target shooters are a worthwhile market, you'd be better served with something else.

+1. Very well put. Regards JCS

Archived