Insurance cover

shuggie

I would like to know how many members are insured by the big major companies B. A.S.C Countryside All etc. and have legal cover to challenge police decisions on F.A.C. I am a member of a organisation that costs £35 for 10million cover and also has cover up to to challenge police decisions in court up to 100,000 the cost to the members subscription is roughly £1 ,if all the big insurers followed this line it would stop individual forces putting on additional conditions like being accompanied will out stalking which is a joke ,additional conditions should be abolished it is up to the F.A.C holder to know law where he can use it what is legal and in season ,What do you shooters think.

N G O I was a member for many years with BASC but as of late I found them lacking in help with firearms related issues EG at the midland game fair on two visits to there stand now one was available to talk to my gut feeling is they are out to line there big fat bank accounts and there is a certain person on there fire arms team that is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard

I am a member of BDS but not sure how much that it covers me for and would they help if I had problems? Always wondered if I should take out extra cover also? :(

I am a member of BDS but not sure how much that it covers me for and would they help if I had problems? Always wondered if I should take out extra cover also? :(

Every persons should be pressurising there organisation to take legal cover if sacs can the big ones could follow,properly cost about 50p a member the size membership .All shooters would like is to stay legal as per firearms acts and guides ,and not have rediculas conditions placed on fca which have no mention in firearms law

im with the NGO...never had any problems with them!

When you get the problems when the police say no and your insurer cant fix it,the only way is through court and you mind find you want get a penny .The problem is the police can refuse you on any grounds renewal variation additional conditions and the only way to get it resolved is through the court and most of the insurers want cover you

Hi all this may not be new news but just found out basc are paying £100,000 pounds legal fees to members to be represented in court cases concerning firearms issues long over due but great news

I am sure that BASC are getting their act together now under new leadership, but NGO have always fought any firearm dispute under the dogged approach of George Wallace - fantastic individual who tells it how it is.

In my opinion it is from NGO's badgering of ACPO that many forces have conducted a "U" turn and are including AOLQ on their conditions. For that reason NGO will have my support - don't have to be a gamekeeper to be a member either.

I'm with the NRA and BASC the NRA in there latest magazine have made a big point including some case study's as it were of how they are fighting for members rites They also have some exultant advise on how not to fall foul of the law

Archived