Problem maybe ? brass

gunner

hi , ever since i had my Remmy700 blueprint and rebarreled a year ago , it sometimes leaves two distinct marks on the top of the case neck , like when you trim to length , it leaves these marks shiny and sometimes leaves a tiny sharp burr from one of the marks that you can feel with your fingers ! if you looked directly down into the case the marks are consistently at 8 and 4 o-clock . sorry i cant do pictures , but its bugged me for a long time . waiting 17 months to get it built ( waiting for barrel blank and reamer, then to fit it in ) and1750 odd quid later , iv never been fully happy with my long awaited rifle . SMITHS what do you think causing it ? btw my brass measures 1742 so not too long ?????????

GP-its 223 ackley so as far as im aware its the same as saami223 , max 1760 ? im sure its been doing it since new . i will find out tomorrow -get a photocopy of blueprint drawing . cheers its a possibility ..

TS- iv lightened the ejector spring in the bolt , bradders told me how to , it was easy really . it was denting case necks so it had to be done .. also the extractor claw was shimming brass of the rim every time you close the bolt ! blxxdy remmies lol. thanks for suggestions guys .atb..tim..

When you have a non-standard reamer like your 223 Ack, there is absolutely no reason to assume it's the same as the SAAMI spec. 223 Rem.

Get the reamer drawing and see what the length of the chamber is - from boltface to mouth.

Trim your brass 15 thou. shorter than this figure. Not saying it will solve your problem but at least your brass length will not be the problem.

GP, good thinking , i was too busy today to get reamer drawings! But thanks . Bradders i will do that now thanks ._

Archived