7mm-08 Tikka Custom

Just finished this one for a customer for his new Deer rifle .

It started life as an old 22-250 shot out Donor I took in.

IMG_2051_zps0e2a989c.jpg

IMG_2052_zpsba4d5a36.jpg

Its barrelled with a Border Archer 7mm blank in 1 in 9" twist at 20" long. Profile is Remington Varmint.

Threaded 18mm x 1 and invisible capped.

IMG_2055_zps4db9e49e.jpg

IMG_2054_zpsb5dac5af.jpg

Dish crowned.

Barrelled action is in Ceracote Armour black. Custom bolt knob which is now being made by us, and is available in right and left hand, and also shortly for the 595 and 695 too.

Rail is a Valkyrie 20 MOA stainless steel model.

IMG_2053_zpsc159bd9e.jpg

Trigger is the standard model, stripped, honed, polished and resprung.

Stock is a McMillan A3-5 in Olive , Grey and Black. Pillar and Devcon bedded.

Floorplate is a CDI model, bedded in and a 5 round magazine.

Moderator is an Atec Maxim.

Nice rifle Baldie! I'm always intrigued when I see McMillan stocks not offered by their website with the inlet of the rifle I see them fitted to...do you buy a blank and do the inlet yourself? I'd very much like some of the stocks not currently available for my rifles and finding a reasonable solution is always something I seek...

Best wishes

Finman

Trucraft,

Yes , the complete bolt handles for the aforementioned models are being made now. I also have just the knobs too.

Finman,

I,ve had quite a few of this model inlet by Mcmillan for both the T3 and the 595/695 . I thought it was a std inlet to be honest ?

Always worth an e-mail to them . Whilst their delivery is painfully slow, i,ve always found their correspondence excellent.

Finman,

I,ve had quite a few of this model inlet by Mcmillan for both the T3 and the 595/695 . I thought it was a std inlet to be honest ?

Always worth an e-mail to them . Whilst their delivery is painfully slow, i,ve always found their correspondence excellent.

Thanks Baldie... It may have to do with the fact I've been asking them for lefthand ones...I'll wait in hope that a certain gentleman in Ireland will take heed of us poor left handed folk and produce something to fill the void...!!

Best wishes

Finman

Archived