Roundhouse Rifle Challenge - Zeroing & Practice Christmas Shoot

thanks for reply tiff, just one more , is the bunkhouse shared , ie own bedroom ?, as i snore loudly lol

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for reply tiff, just one more , is the bunkhouse shared , ie own bedroom ?, as i snore loudly lol

Haha, yep it is shared - think youth hostel...

If it's very bad you're welcome to relocate a bed & sleep in the dining room - or more to the point, the others may invite you too!

I really wouldn't worry - after a few drinks friday night everyone's normally out pretty quickly...

thanks for reply tiff, just one more , is the bunkhouse shared , ie own bedroom ?, as i snore loudly lol A

Tiff,

Are you saying that I don't get my own bedroom?? ;) ..im very shy :lol::lol:

Poss busted arm might put me out :( damned rabbit holes !!

Though I think I might be able to cycle the marlin if I'm in a cast.

Any shorter range stuff to blast at tiff ? I'm thinking those 'falling plates' at 100-150 or so, for open sights and standing of course ;)

Pete (currently waiting for X-ray) :(

Poss busted arm might put me out :( damned rabbit holes !!

Though I think I might be able to cycle the marlin if I'm in a cast.

Any shorter range stuff to blast at tiff ? I'm thinking those 'falling plates' at 100-150 or so, for open sights and standing of course ;)

Pete (currently waiting for X-ray) :(

Hey Pete,

Sorry to hear you're a possible duffer (just got signal again & picked up your texts..). I don't think there will be much close in for the .444 this time...

A few bits of paper for quick zero checks and .22's at 100 yards and then everything will start from 200 out.

Next year there will be a 100 yard target area, but it's just too wet on the lower fields to do it now (not long back from up there).

Sorry about this and hope it's not a cast job,

Tiff

Hi Tiff,

I'm up for this if you have not already filled your books.

WIll drive down on the morning, so no accom required.

Check your phone!

Rgds

Ian

Hi Tiff,

I'm up for this if you have not already filled your books.

WIll drive down on the morning, so no accom required.

Check your phone!

Rgds

Ian

Ian

Space in the truck, if you can leave the car in the Exeter area mate?

Regards

Carl.

I believe Tiff is on Dartmoor for until Wednesday. I am almost certain that there are places still available, Im sure Tiff will confirm this when he is back.

I believe Tiff is on Dartmoor for until Wednesday. I am almost certain that there are places still available, Im sure Tiff will confirm this when he is back.

I'm back! As mentioned above, there are surprisingly, still a few places available.

Currently can barely move, but to be expected walking Belstone, Princetown, Ivybridge, Mothecombe & Noss Mayo in little over a day in mid winter...

Please drop me a pm with your email address if directions/shoot info has not been received.

Many thanks,

Tiff

70mph winds and rain on Sat mate!!!

Hopefully it should be ok and there is cover at the back of the firing point. Increasing winds through the day will just keep everyone on their toes with correct wind calls....

The BBC weather report for the location:

"Outlook for Saturday to Monday

Saturday mostly fine with sunny spells, though winds increasing. Rain arriving overnight. Then remaining unsettled and windy with outbreaks of rain at times, but some sunny spells in between."

&

Met Office:

ScreenShot2013-12-12at080011_zps4863e012

Just incase you're still interested in coming - five people have dropped out in the last 48 hours, so can now offer you your own bedroom....

Hopefully it should be ok and there is cover at the back of the firing point. Increasing winds through the day will just keep everyone on their toes with correct wind calls....

The BBC weather report for the location:

"Outlook for Saturday to Monday

Saturday mostly fine with sunny spells, though winds increasing. Rain arriving overnight. Then remaining unsettled and windy with outbreaks of rain at times, but some sunny spells in between."

&

Met Office:

ScreenShot2013-12-12at080011_zps4863e012

Just incase you're still interested in coming - five people have dropped out in the last 48 hours, so can now offer you your own bedroom....

Sod the weather im still coming ;) ....I will see you about 11am tomorrow Tiff.

Shooting in strong wind can only improve wind reading skills, its good to challenge yourself! Looking forward to Saturday!

Paul, shorter distances yes but the longer distance targets no way. 40mph + gusts will shake the barrel all over the place. Should be very interesting though and I'm up for the challenge as always.

Just got back from the RRC...5 hours & 275miles....was it worth it?...HELL YEAH.! ;) ..ITS UNBELIVEIBLE how much hard work Tiff puts into it!!..plus his mum and dad freezeing there bits off acting as stops for 5 hrs!.Met up with some great guys,SHOOTER 79,EXETER LAD,MIKEROZ.......Was drooling all over john MHs kit.

thanks to PCAL for spotting me onto the 6x6 at 350,which was as far as I went in the hellish wind we had to deal with.

Tiff thanks for teaching me how to use my scopes at range..your a star!....NEXT ONE CARNT COME QUICK ENOUGH,IM HOOKED!

Glenn.

Nice to meet you Glen, good day for confirming elevation settings, the gusting wind was a bit brutal but I managed to connect at 650 with the .260 and the 6XC. Biggest problem I had was the Rigby Bipod on the .260 deciding to fail, another design flaw that will be easy to put right but should have not been there in the first place.

John.... I was watching you mate,could not believe you was connecting with the 650..was great to watch! ;) .......still don't know where that small clip come from :wacko:

Archived