New barrel for 22-250.

Hi.

Love this forum but have not posted before.Am in awe of the knowlege of most of the posters and how much rifles and ammo has moved on since i bought my rifles.

My 25 year old Remmington 700 (left hand ) 22-250 is shot out.

What have other people done or recomend and at what sort of cost?

Dont really want to change rifle as it now is a old friend.

Have been reading about Trueflight barels on here but can not see 22-250 barrels on there web site ?

Thanks.

Farmer t

Hi farmer t and welcome from another leftie. Why Trueflite? They are good barrels but most all quality after market barrels will give good results if fitted correctly. All the smiths on the forum will give you good advice so I'd suggest talking to one local to yourself and if you want to buy british then buy a Border Barrel.

Hi FarmerT,

Welcome to the forum-once upon a time,rifles could be factory rebarreled,i.e there might be an option to put a Remington replacement barrel on your old friend.Sometimes smiths too have a 'take off' barrel in the chamber you want.Either option will be considerably less expensive than an aftermarket /custom barrel,but may be quite acceptable.

It is unlikely to be quite so accurate,but if you have had 25 years of good service from your current barrel,would you really notice-unless you were very fortunate in getting an above average factiory barrel 25 years ago! Within limits,it depends on your use for the rifle,and whether you just fancy an upgrade,at whatever cost.

Gbal

Hi.

Love this forum but have not posted before.Am in awe of the knowlege of most of the posters and how much rifles and ammo has moved on since i bought my rifles.

My 25 year old Remmington 700 (left hand ) 22-250 is shot out.

What have other people done or recomend and at what sort of cost?

Dont really want to change rifle as it now is a old friend.

Have been reading about Trueflight barels on here but can not see 22-250 barrels on there web site ?

Thanks.

Farmer t

A Bergara would be perfect and certainly offer best value.

Archived