Roundhouse Rifle Challenge III - Long Range Pairs - 16/11/13

Tiff

Cool, looking forward to this. Be bloody surprised if I hit much as it's still the tikka factory sporter rifle though it is donning the khales DTA and spuhr mount destined for the tactical rifle. Looks quite funny, just off to the range to zero it now.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, looking forward to this. Be bloody surprised if I hit much as it's still the tikka factory sporter rifle though it is donning the khales DTA and spuhr mount destined for the tactical rifle. Looks quite funny, just off to the range to zero it now.

I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm using a factory Tikka .222 ;)

Forgot to mention, If people want to use/bring more than one field conditioned rifle, that is ok for this shoot (but will all need to be carried...). However please note, rifles cannot be shared/used by anyone else - everyone must only use their own.

Lots of work to be done up here - think I've discovered a new species of sub aqua-rabbits which have caused a few issues...will be all ready for Saturday, just!

Cheers,

Tiff

And congrats John too for taking the top hons with Gav.

Really enjoyable shoot for different reasons than the first chuffed to bits to hit something past 1000yrds with the tikka. Cheers Rich for the partnering good shooting fella.

Thanks for all the hard work Pharaoh Tiff and your long suffering parents/fire attendants :-)

Good to catch up the the previous gaggle on the night before even with the addition of the Solvent kings and the Snipers Aid!

Just for Tisme in a Len goodman voice "seeend it"

Want to add my thanks to Tiff for the hard work setting this up and his parents for their work on the day manning the back trails.

As usual, learnt loads and was humbled by my uselessness and the excellent shooting of others - big lesson of the day for me was to concentrate on every shot, even at the "short" ranges of 400-500 or so - I had a couple of strings where concentration lapsed for a shot and it was truly frustrating and avoidable!!

Excellent fun - first time past 1000 with my current rifle, too. Nice to get a ding every now and again, at least. Good fun and good company!!

Big thanks to all what a great day even with a 243 light stalking rifle managed to hit target at 1040 and spotted swamp donky hit the target more than once at 840 with a 222 !!! With in 3 sighters

Great weekend, and good to see you guys.

Cheers to Toff's parents for their hard boring work and Toff for prepping the weekend for us.

Some great shooting by all and especially seeing a 222 shooting at decent distances.

Not forgetting a thanks to John for pairing up with me.

Cant wait to do it again.

Yep. Great weekend, many thanks to Tiff and crew. Bit gutting about my .308 trigger, but fixed now, piece of grit stopping the sear travel.

So the .222 had to come in as backup, didn't do bad at all I think, 650 hits more than not, and as Az1 said, a fair few at the 870 too, but it took some spotting to see.

And was 'interesting' at the end rattling a few through the .444 and making some noise, and flame ;)

Well done to Aaron (Az1), first time shooting over 320yds, and had hits on the 1040, then a few 'first shot hits' between 200-650 later on.

Pete

Thanks Tiff

Another superb days shooting.

Interesting to see how the quality scopes were able to make out the splash so much better in the overcast (almost misty) conditions.

Great to see the little .222 getting some pretty consistent hits at some extremely silly distances :-)

Congrats to John and Mildot for showing us how it's done.

Rup

Thank you to everyone for a great weekend, it was excellent fun to host and hopefully it was enjoyed by all.

The standard of shooting was very high and some truly excellent shots were made, especially past 700 yards. John MH & Mildot 'achieved the best zero', followed very closely behind (2 hits in it) by c18rch & jungle_re. Interestingly, the two pairs of shooters that were 'composed' for the day - making their lead all the more impressive!

I've not long been back and have managed to talk my parents into helping out again in December. The firefighting drills at the end did provide a chance for them to warm up at least...

I forgot to ask later on in the day if people mind a few carefully chosen pictures being posted on here? No problems if your's rather not be included, please just drop me a pm.

Thanks again,

Tiff,

Thank you to everyone for a great weekend, it was excellent fun to host and hopefully it was enjoyed by all.

The standard of shooting was very high and some truly excellent shots were made, especially past 700 yards. John MH & Mildot 'achieved the best zero', followed very closely behind (2 hits in it) by c18rch & jungle_re. Interestingly, the two pairs of shooters that were 'composed' for the day - making there lead all the more impressive!

I've not long been back and have managed to talk my parents into helping out again in December. The firefighting drills at the end did provide a chance for them to warm up at least...

I forgot to ask later on in the day if people mind a few carefully chosen pictures being posted on here? No problems if your's rather not be included, please just drop me a pm.

Thanks again,

Tiff,

Only two 'zero hits' tiff ? Aaron and me had five buddy.

Anyway, thanks again for a great shoot, but I think I'll bring the 243 as backup next time, should be able to push that to 3k eh ? ;)

As Oaken says, it's good to see that money spent on good glass really does pay off at those sort of ranges, especially when your barrel doesn't get hot enough to cause a shimmer, but at 20grs of powder a pop, it was going to take more shots than ammo used all day to get it hot ! Lol

Fingers crossed I can make next month, I'll try and find a few more plates for you Tiff.

Pete

Oh yeah, feel free for pics bud

Lol, read it again....Since everyone attends to zero their rifles over different conditions/distance, you cannot 'win' - merely 'achieve the best zero' ;)

Only two 'zero hits' tiff ?

I'll start posting some pics shortly.

Yep. Great weekend, many thanks to Tiff and crew. Bit gutting about my .308 trigger, but fixed now, piece of grit stopping the sear travel.

So the .222 had to come in as backup, didn't do bad at all I think, 650 hits more than not, and as Az1 said, a fair few at the 870 too, but it took some spotting to see.

And was 'interesting' at the end rattling a few through the .444 and making some noise, and flame ;)

Well done to Aaron (Az1), first time shooting over 320yds, and had hits on the 1040, then a few 'first shot hits' between 200-650 later on.

Pete

Archived