Rcbs rock chucker supreme kit- shell holders

Tubs

Can anyone help me please I've got myself the rock chucker supreme master reloading kit I was told the only other bits I needed were the dies which I got rcbs fl die set 223 rem p/n 11101 and a shell holder the man said they had no rcbs ones in stock but this lee case length gauge& shell holder will be fine (90114) . Now this was 3 months ago, now I'm trying to put all the kit together and I can't seem to get the shell holder to fit anyway I try on the press. What am I doing wrong I did all that was said in the instructions but not sure what to do now. Any help welcome please.

Raise the press pillar (the vertical posts that rises as one pulls down the ram) and the shell holder will slip into the slot in the ram top

It fits into a T shaped section slot

The lee case length guage shell holder will NOT fit any press. You need the std lee or rcbs shell holders.

Thanks for the replies everyone as a few of you have guessed right its not the correct shell holder and thanks again, you cant believe how many times i have read and looked at the instructions and pictures on the box to try and get it to fit or right. Just another question do most people buy a couple shell holders say one for the press and one for the priming tool or do you just keep taking it off and swap it around Thanks again .

Thanks for the replies everyone as a few of you have guessed right its not the correct shell holder and thanks again, you cant believe how many times i have read and looked at the instructions and pictures on the box to try and get it to fit or right. Just another question do most people buy a couple shell holders say one for the press and one for the priming tool or do you just keep taking it off and swap it around Thanks again .

The right ones are so easy to swap over...but then again they are only £5 or so-what price convenience?-I would nonetheless go back to the retailer who

thinks (Robert E) Lee was on the Yankee(RCBS) team,and get an exchange/refund-it is not 'fit for purpose',and he'll only mess up more beginners- most shell holders for the same cartridge can interchange,but not all,maybe not in the Lee primer tool,,and a retailer should know that.....if you get addicted,neck bushings etc have the same pitfalls for the unwary who trust air gun peddlers-("do you have any 25 g 17 rem bullets ?"...'yes ,we have H&N,,Accupels,Bisley magnums...')go to a firearms savvy retailer-Reloading Solutions direct,Spud on here,Norman Clark- Dauntsy Guns,etc

Less grief

Gbal

Tubs,

The shellholder for the press and the shellholder for the autoprime are different and not interchangeable.

You can buy both in full sets of around a dozen for not much money, and they come in their own case. Well worth a few extra quid to know you will never be stuck for a shellholder for any cartridge. One of the Lee range that is very good value indeed.

Shiela at SYSS is brilliant for bits like this, and always has good stocks.

Tubs,

The shellholder for the press and the shellholder for the autoprime are different and not interchangeable.

You can buy both in full sets of around a dozen for not much money, and they come in their own case. Well worth a few extra quid to know you will never be stuck for a shellholder for any cartridge. One of the Lee range that is very good value indeed.

Shiela at SYSS is brilliant for bits like this, and always has good stocks.[/quotef

Four years ago,in Sinclairs catalog,the autoprime shellholders were $4.95 singly,and the eleven 'most popular' (ie in the USA) came in a box for $22.25. But some care is needed-I don't see much use of 10mm auto here,eg.And some more plausible UK were missing(PPC eg).They may of course do other sets.Any beginner can take a little comfort from the 'family' effect-cartridges in the same family /base case take the same shell holder so 243, 308,260 use the same one;223/222/204/17r the same different one..

(and sometimes more exotic others in a more distant family).

Though fraught with temptations,a copy of the Sinclair International catalog is very useful,though not comprehensive on especially cheaper equipment,but it does eg have a page with all shellholders by cartridge and make of press inc RCBS.And it is/was free.

Gbal

Tubs basically as already stated the two types are not the same. The Lee autoprime off the top of my head is flat bottomed like a parallel sided washer where as the normal press shellholder has a grooved/stepped bottom to snap into the ram recess.

If you have a lee autoprime and an RCBS (or others) press then you need both.

Tubs basically as already stated the two types are not the same. The Lee autoprime off the top of my head is flat bottomed like a parallel sided washer where as the normal press shellholder has a grooved/stepped bottom to snap into the ram recess.

If you have a lee autoprime and an RCBS (or others) press then you need both.

Thanks once again for all the great help you are giving me everyone some things are more complicated than one thinks,so if i'm understanding correctly then i need 2 types of shell holders. one type for the primer tool e.g. mine is a Rcbs so i need a Rcbs to fit and the same with the press again mine is Rcbs but how do i tell the difference between the 2 shell holders as its not stated in my reloading book. Sorry if this seems stupid and simple i just want to get it right and i'm only reloading 223 if this helps.

For the press one it will be described as fitting standard presses. The specific manufacturer doesn't matter but the numbers they give them for the specific cartridges are different.

Spud (on this website) will probably help you out if you ask him

For the press one it will be described as fitting standard presses. The specific manufacturer doesn't matter but the numbers they give them for the specific cartridges are different.

Spud (on this website) will probably help you out if you ask him

Ok thanks i will send him a pm.

Thanks once again for all the great help you are giving me everyone some things are more complicated than one thinks,so if i'm understanding correctly then i need 2 types of shell holders. one type for the primer tool e.g. mine is a Rcbs so i need a Rcbs to fit and the same with the press again mine is Rcbs but how do i tell the difference between the 2 shell holders as its not stated in my reloading book. Sorry if this seems stupid and simple i just want to get it right and i'm only reloading 223 if this helps.

I Quote from the Sinclair catalog:

" The RCBS hand priming tool ...uses RCBS press type shellholders-works best with RCBS brand shellholders." The 223 rem one is *09210,and was $7.25,and we get back to the original point-they interchange,but for another £8 you might want the convenience of two,and not have to change them over,though it's very easy.Enjoy!

Gbal

Archived