DaveT

Gents

I am starting to take an interest in CSR but have NO real detailed knowledge of the AR-15 platform or its build, pluses / minuses etc.

I do know that , sadly, we have to use a single shot version but I would like to become more familiar with original design features and accurising or customising options long before I buy something that I might regret or have to spend a lot of cash replacing components.

Any thoughts on a good source of info?

Cheers

Vince

Thanks for your reply.

Yes... I plan to contact both Bradders and Dave Wylde ....just wanted some reading material to absorb at leisure first ...then I guess I will know what questions to ask.

You don't have to use an AR clone. Granted they are popular but I used (and enjoyed) a bolt-action .243 with 10 shot mags in my first CSR comp earlier this year.

Vince

Thanks for your reply.

Yes... I plan to contact both Bradders and Dave Wylde ....just wanted some reading material to absorb at leisure first ...then I guess I will know what questions to ask.

To be honest, the some of the best books are out of print.

There's plenty of books out there such as The Black Rifle and such, but these really only tell you about the history of the rifle and there's other ones that go into how tacticool they are.

What you want is books written by shooters for shooters that detail how to go about accurizing them.

Two of these books, Derrick Martin's Complete Guide To AR15 Accuracy and John Feamsters Black Magic are discontinued, but if you can find them they are well worth the $100+ asking prices.

The other book, the one that started it all is Glen Zedikers The Mouse That Roared (the original edition).

This is still available from zediker.com.

It is an excellent book that covers just about everything from all the components, ammo, shooting, interviews and is the one that set us all on the right path to Utopia :lol:

That said, if you want to accurize an AR15 it's really quite simple

Put a good barrel on it and float it.

A decent trigger and ammo will help too.

Now.........we are shooting at Bisley on 5th Oct and have a match with somewhere around 90 entries as of this morning.

Most, but not all, will be shooting an AR of some kind, so why not come along for a look/chat etc, and if you habve a SSC then enter the match and experience it from the outset and I guarantee you that you will go home with a smile on your face

Archived