Ase-utra

Scotch_egg

I have a borelock JetZ on an AR Dave,

The old system that locked to a standard birdcage flash hider was terrible and I sent it back to Peter Jackson to be upgraded to borelock. If you have a standard Jet Z I believe they can be upgraded too.

The system is solid, perhaps a little fiddly but I think could make sense on a precision rifle if the brake it locks on to is as effective as an AI or TRG brake. I just have the pronged flash hiders and move the mod between two AR uppers so can't comment on the brake at this point.

I have thought about it for the DTA, standardising on the ASE brake, leaving them permanently attached and using a single mod for .308, .260 and perhaps .243.

If you go that way let me know how you get on.

Tony

borelock_suujarru.JPG

From this image I am confident the brake design will allow it to be effective. I think Mark Bradley had one on an LMT .308 he was selling.

I will be sure to let you know how I get on.

Hi,

Yes I have fitted quite a few of those.It's a pretty decent brake and certainly makes shooting the 16" barrelled LMT a lot more pleasant....except for the noise :blink:

The lock up on the brake is quite good, once you figure out how to use it correctly and it is repeatable.

It's the one I recommend every time

• 6 months later...

Gents

I am looking at an AR build as soon as my variation arrives.........how does the lockup actually work?

Looking at the borelock fitting , it looks like it uses a ratchet locking system , BUT it does not , go over to my thread in nzhuntingshooting forum , to see pics of the way it locks on, it has 3x locking points spread around the 360 degree , and 4x preset postions , and due to the number of teeth , one of those 4 presets will align .

Later Chris

Archived