Hornady suspending bullet production!

terryh

Mmmmmm,,,,,yeah well good move in some ways,,,,,,I think some may disappear for good,,,is "moly" that popular for instance?? and there must be quite a few heads that don,t actually sell well at all.Only pop into the Sportsman GC occasionally now and still see quite a few boxes not only Hornady but others as well that have probably been there for years!!

If there is one thing I would like Hornady to do is match machine to bullets to boxes no more pic and bloody mix!!!

I had a look at the list and as an example in .204 they are only stopping 24gr and 45 grainers so I think this is selective and very unlilkely to affect many. I suspect it will be a good thing as most stockists are sttruggling to get the common stuff and its a good business decision to restock all the mass items as soon as possible

this is a disaster ! what am i going to head shoot deer at 800m with if the amax isnt available! :D

How about a bow 'n' arrow?.....:-) ..it's a bit close for the 17 Jumbo Basher (HMR but with one of the heavy Hornady bullets).

Gbal

How about a bow 'n' arrow?.....:-) ..it's a bit close for the 17 Jumbo Basher (HMR but with one of the heavy Hornady bullets).

Gbal

isn't it bad enough already without bringing up bow and arrows ! i'm already going to hell in a handcart for using amax and head shooting , what if i had a compund bow as well !

Why not link the official press release rather than spread panic.

They are concentrating on core BULK lines to reduce machine downtime.

I could not find the original press relaease so posted that link assuming people could be bothered to click on the lists and see if it effected them?

Obviously not!

Bit upset and surprised 52 amax and 6mm75vmax are on the list thats my 223 and 12T 6br fodder but lets just say "I have some!" If it goes bad then sierra blitzkings in similar weight work off similar loads,,,I have corrections written down in my little black book {its blue actually}.

If I didn,t have such a "good" supply to use up and my frustrations with Hornady I was gonna move purely to Berger and be done with it!! lets see what happens with Hornady over time then eh?

GOD DAMN IT . 75 and 80 grain Amax in 224 are both gonners . ! seriously ??? but in 30 cal i noticed they still being produced in a few or more weights :angry: . looks like bergers then .

isn't it bad enough already without bringing up bow and arrows ! i'm already going to hell in a handcart for using amax and head shooting , what if i had a compund bow as well !

Then it's in a 911-even less comfortable,no room for your gear,but will crash before you reach hell! :-)

Gbal

Then it's in a 911-even less comfortable,no room for your gear,but will crash before you reach hell! :-)

Gbal

my 911 is more comfy than most cars (surprised me) i've been shooting in it rifle and clay so gear isn't a problem (do we really need all the kit we take sometimes?) if it crashes then it's my fault for being a rubbish driver certainly nothing to do with the benchmark standard by which all other sportscars are judged ?

my 911 is more comfy than most cars (surprised me) i've been shooting in it rifle and clay so gear isn't a problem (do we really need all the kit we take sometimes?) if it crashes then it's my fault for being a rubbish driver certainly nothing to do with the benchmark standard by which all other sportscars are judged ?

...and the bow can go on the skis rack-you won't need them!! :-)

Gbal

Archived