Joe west riflestocks where do we go next

We have been abit quiet on here of late, we have been very busy though.We are in the process off getting our cnc machinery and scanner up and working. We are also now having our own trigger guards and stainless sound mods made in Norfolk.Then the next big thing we are working on is producing all our own laminate and expect to buy no more laminate from the states.Other things include our own blended oil/laquer finish specifically designed to finish laminate.

We are planning on making a full range of target stocks all fully finished with bedding blocks built in and trigger guards fitted. also a range of hunting and tactical stocks that we can create a trade margin on to retail through the trade to take on GRS.

But what do you chaps our customers want, what are we missing, your comments and feed back please would be really great.We are at the CLA drop in for a chat and see whats new.

Dorg

Dorg,

You guys are doing a fine job and it's great to have a top stock-maker in the UK. Keep us up to date and we'll be happy to review your stuff for Target Shooter magazine. (July issue now out)

Cheers

Vince

We have been abit quiet on here of late, we have been very busy though.We are in the process off getting our cnc machinery and scanner up and working. We are also now having our own trigger guards and stainless sound mods made in Norfolk.Then the next big thing we are working on is producing all our own laminate and expect to buy no more laminate from the states.Other things include our own blended oil/laquer finish specifically designed to finish laminate.

We are planning on making a full range of target stocks all fully finished with bedding blocks built in and trigger guards fitted. also a range of hunting and tactical stocks that we can create a trade margin on to retail through the trade to take on GRS.

But what do you chaps our customers want, what are we missing, your comments and feed back please would be really great.We are at the CLA drop in for a chat and see whats new.

Dorg

Hi Simon,

I'll see you at the CLA and confirm the order we discussed at the Phoenix. I have revision I need to discuss with you regarding my 6.5x47 stock.

Hello there. I sent 2 e-mails to you (your contact e-mail 'joe@joewestriflestocks.co.uk'). Copy below:

Hello there in North Walsham. I used to live in Brooke just south of Norwich although it has been many years since I was last there. I am interested in getting one of your tactical stocks for my Anschutz 1710 rifle. As far as I can tell, this has the same inletting as a 1717 although the magazine may be bigger but I suspect that the bottom metal is the same. Can you comment on this? I would want the stock fully fitted, finished and even bedded if that service is available

I am looking forward to a reply

Hello there. I sent 2 e-mails to you (your contact e-mail 'joe@joewestriflestocks.co.uk'). Copy below:

Hello there in North Walsham. I used to live in Brooke just south of Norwich although it has been many years since I was last there. I am interested in getting one of your tactical stocks for my Anschutz 1710 rifle. As far as I can tell, this has the same inletting as a 1717 although the magazine may be bigger but I suspect that the bottom metal is the same. Can you comment on this? I would want the stock fully fitted, finished and even bedded if that service is available

I am looking forward to a reply

Firstly please note we have a new email address as we were just not getting the emails through. I am happy to either send you a 1717 stock to try for size or we would need to borrow your existing stock.When we do this we give a production date so only need your stock for a very short time. We can happily finish the stock, but our new stock oil is so easy to use its a doddle. We do not currently offer bedding but would recommend trying the stock unbedded first.

Hello Simon, both of my sako stocks still look absolutely fantastic, still really pleased with them. I am very interested in the trigger guards you have mentioned more specifically one for my sako quad, would look great with your stock. Please can I have some more information regarding them and also info on the moderator's.

Paul

Adjustable butt plates along the lines of the Tubb 4 way adjustable?

We are using Mikmaks adjustable buttpads, they go in out,up down and twist, please remind me the other. We looked at the mcmillan ones and Miks are better

The trigger guards are the remmy adl very similiar to the Bat and Kelbly type for target rifles.The sound mods are in the development stage, we have several made and they are being tested at the minute. But to give you some idea they are very calibre specific and made of very high grade stainless steel and the capacity can be adjusted to match the required size and usage.

We have also just finished a new stock for the steyr prohunter, will put some pics up next week.

UK made stocks for 10/22s along the lines of the Boyds ones would be useful. Although you can get a Boyds stock to the UK for about £130, they are selling closer to £200 at some retailers. Hawktech stocks would be good too.

UK made stocks for 10/22s along the lines of the Boyds ones would be useful. Although you can get a Boyds stock to the UK for about £130, they are selling closer to £200 at some retailers. Hawktech stocks would be good too.

The thing with Boyds is they are a massive business with a massive market, their factory is in excess of 50,000 sq ft and have millions of dollars of cnc machinery to make and sand a small range of stock shapes, they make in excess of 2,000 stocks a week. and 10/22 stocks is big business.I cannot currently buy laminate blanks for the price they can sell a stock for. But ask them for something outside their what is in effect quite a small range and they simply cannot do it, even something as simple as a change in the LOP or an adjustable cheekpiece.

If you made an M40A1 style stock with an adjustable comb for the Tikka 595, I'd be first on the phone, love the look of the classic marine sniper..

Stocks for hunting rifles, like the S-M Prohunter you've just made. What about the Tikka T3 for example, something else that needs decent bottom metal to replace plastic.

Archived