hi guys , im thinking of joining a rifle club but want to shoot out to 600yds , im in gloucester does anyone know of a club where i can hone my LR shooting ? ATB-TIM

I would suggest Bisley, not that far from you really

yeah , i kinda knew itd be a bit of a drive . been b4 a couple of times but on open days , plus theres always 1000 :D cheers bradders

yeah , i kinda knew itd be a bit of a drive . been b4 a couple of times but on open days , plus theres always 1000 :D cheers bradders

The trouble with local ranges is that they'd probably be military ones (especially if you want 600yds) and then you're dependant on your club getting the booking.

Bisley on the other hand is always available

I'm in Tewkesbury and shoot 600 yards at Kingsbury, only 50 minutes from me, just off ?J9 on the M42. You can join in with either the Offas Dyke Rifle Club or Hereford and Worcester. You can get Offas Dyke's contact from their website and I can send you an email address for H&W if you wish.

Offas Dyke is a very good club and I shoot with them at Warminster BUT they will only book it at 900m metres... I too want a 600 yard shot and Bisley is a damned long drive at high range cost although I do go there occasionaly.

Hi

Offasdyke also shoot at Kingsbury ranges still a bit of a drive from gloucester though. They tend to shoot at both 300 and 600 yards. Have a look at there website to see hen they are shooting there next

All the best

Simon

thanks fellas ...

Gunner ...if you find anything closer I would appreciate a 'shout'..

Wessex rifles are also a good bunch but seem to favour closer range stuff ...shot with them once as a guest but only got to 300 yards!

Cheers

Dave Thain

Gunner ...if you find anything closer I would appreciate a 'shout'..

Wessex rifles are also a good bunch but seem to favour closer range stuff ...shot with them once as a guest but only got to 300 yards!

Cheers

Dave Thain

hi daveT , to be honest im probably going to join bisley , seems to have it all . plus theres HPS right by me or at bisley sometimes . quite handy i thought . quite far but hopefully could take turn to drive there when i get to maybe meet some guys like you who are nearby to me .. cheers tim..

Archived