SAKO TRG Accessory Rail

Brillo

Just to help me get as much help in this one as possible I’ve also posted it in the tactical section.

I have a Sako TRG-22 with the extended bedding block type stock. This part of the block extends about 55mm beyond the stock for-end. Every current TRG I’ve seen is like this and I understand from GMK that all recent models come with this as standard as it allows the ITRS tri-rail to be fitted. You can see this rail fitted on this picture

http://www.gmktp.co.uk/?p=image&id=204 . It is on the top of the stock in front of the scope. In my opinion this is a design oddity because you have to remove the ITRS rail if you want to use a long scope or fit a scope shade.

Anyway, If you look closely at the picture at the end of the stock fore-end and below the ITRS rail is a smaller Picatinney bracket that fits on the bottom of the extended bedding block.

When I went to the Phoenix meeting at Bisley last week-end there was a dealer who had two TRG’s for sale and one of them had this accessory fitted. I didn’t know it existed until then and now I want to obtain one. He would sell the part on its own but said I could have it for free if I bought the rifle <_<

Have any of you TRG owners got one you are prepared to sell me or does anyone know where I can get one?

I've tried SMK but I have to go through retail to get it and I don't want to run the risk of the wrong item arriving because my searches for the specific part only brings up the ITRS rail.

I have just looked at mine and I have not got the bottom Picatinny. I use one of the side rails for a torch of required but purchased an AI bolt on short Picatinny that wit a bit of screw shortening fits into the rail on the forend if it was bipod mounting that you were after. Other than that Third eye tac to make one?

If you want to mount a picatinny bipod out front Atlas make an adaptor that mount in to the current bipod orifice.

Tacfire sell them in the UK, I think mine was £35 ish which is way cheaper than anything Sako will ever sell !

Tony

• 1 month later...

If you want to mount a picatinny bipod out front Atlas make an adaptor that mount in to the current bipod orifice.

Tacfire sell them in the UK, I think mine was £35 ish which is way cheaper than anything Sako will ever sell !

Tony

Just bought one from tacfire. Works a treat :)

Just bought one from tacfire. Works a treat :)

great I'm glad it worked for you :D

Now I'm selling the TRG kit I have a spare one, sorry.

Then again £35 feels like a bargain in Sako terms !

Tony

Now I'm selling the TRG kit I have a spare one, sorry.

I'll take it If you are looking to sell.

Been watching this thread with interest :-D

cheers

Rup

Archived