BEAST

mo3

Hi anybody know if the new nightforce 5-25-56 beast scope is available yet in the uk and how much thank you chris

Expect circa 2300 / 2500

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, silly name for a scope which, if you look at it, is NF producing a scope that meets (or in theory meets) S&B's and the like's performance of 10 years ago

PLUS features you just don't need - 'the must have lever thingy' was not working on the demo model at this years Shot Show so not a good indicator or either development or robustness. (caveat - I was not there but two friends I trust went specifically to look at it - both said the same thing) .

T

All they needed to do was upgrade their glass,,,its all every nightforce owner I know and heard complain about.

Exactly,

Probably the American market forces requirment for things that you did not know you could do without, look at the S&B 'silly knobs' now?

T

Just tried to find some recent reviews on this . Failed! Anyone?

Found an old shot show thing describing the pre-production model:

It does appear to be a bunch of solutions for problems that don't exist.

Loved the NF salesman's line: "we've got to fulfil some military contracts and then we can supply the civil market" :lol::rolleyes::lol: utter bullmud.

Loved the NF salesman's line: "we've got to fulfil some military contracts and then we can supply the civil market" :lol::rolleyes::lol: utter bullmud.

And no mention of the better glass!!!!! crazy!!!!one of the most fundamental design features of the scope I would say.Have looked through the cheaper "ATACR"[did I get that right?] with the new glass and yep! job done,superb,,,,,,will I be upgrading,,,don,t think so I,ll go home 1/2 hour earlier and pour a beer,,,,Onehole

I have handled the BEAST and thought the build quality and optics looked superb, I agree that there are a lot of seemingly irrelevant features, but hats off to NF for trying to push the envelope.

As previously said the ATACR will be the one to look out for.

I played with it at IWA this year, not impressed with the elevation feature,... the switch only adds plus .1 mil, it does not subitract as well, an ideal way to make elevation jam doughnut-ups. .....also had a butchers at the 3.5-27x56 Schmidt pm2.....a fair bit bigger than the 5-25 pm2 with no practical mag benefit (from what I could see inside the arena).

I played with it at IWA this year, not impressed with the elevation feature,... the switch only adds plus .1 mil, it does not subitract as well, an ideal way to make elevation jam doughnut-ups. .....also had a butchers at the 3.5-27x56 Schmidt pm2.....a fair bit bigger than the 5-25 pm2 with no practical mag benefit (from what I could see inside the arena).

Yup, Schmidt just don't get it anymore do they?!

3-20 is a nonsensical mag range - 3.5-27 offers virtually nothing over 5-25 (the lower mag is wasted; who ever uses a 5-25 below 7 power anyway? - the FOV is the same as at 5!).

Something between 5-38 and 7-53 would have been the clever call.

Lockable turrets etc -I do wonder where their design department pick up their ideas!

Not seen a 3.5-27 .... bigger than a 5-25?! blimey.

For long/longer range won"t somebody just make a fixed 15 ,,,,20,,,,,and 25 or 30 mag with best glass and all the knobs pleeeese,,,,why would anyone want less or more ,,,,clarity is the key surely,,,,a fixed eye relief and no 2ndFP issues to worry about.

Yeah ok I.m on odd b...g...r but I want one!!or two ....or ? to suit my long and longer shooting bats[top gear speak},,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

All this zoomable lever flicking stuff is just leaving me behind,,,perhaps thats where I am anyways,,,sorry!!!! Onehole

Just seen this - look at the size of the elevation knob!! FFS the scopes becoming as tall as it's long :o Surly no one in the military or with half a brain is going to want things to be bigger i.e. sitting out in the breeze waiting to get knocked/damaged?

Ref. the S&B new turrets, had a guy at the range on Saturday with the new S&B - simple question - why change from the (working) double turn - anyone?

Terry

Archived