Rear bag filling

I've just bought a SEB bench rest rear bag, the big foot-print one (the one shown on Brian Fox's website). I've filled the body, but filling the ears is proving to be a pain. Is there a prescribed method for filling these things?

Mark

Just a quick pointer for you, once you think it has been filled properly, put it on a piece of board in the back of your car for a couple of weeks, whilst you drive about......

The vibration will help settle the sand and then top it up.

I am not kidding, you will be amazed how much a supposedly full brand new bag needs topping up.

I do this with all my new bags, the bumpier the road the better, its good that my commute involves a cobbled street.

See you on Saturday.

Cheers

Bruce

I've just bought a SEB bench rest rear bag, the big foot-print one (the one shown on Brian Fox's website). I've filled the body, but filling the ears is proving to be a pain. Is there a prescribed method for filling these things?

Yes - you always fill the ears first!

Drat; I filled the body first. I'll use it as is on Saturday as I used it today with success. After that should I empty the body and top up the ears?

Doooh !... It seems so obvious now!

Drat; I filled the body first. I'll use it as is on Saturday as I used it today with success. After that should I empty the body and top up the ears?

Just empty a bit out of the body to allow you to fill the ears properly. You need a small funnel and a pencil - to ram in the sand.

Archived