ULTIMATE Hunting on the Eastern Cape South Africa

mo3

Hi All,

just an update on my lastest adventure back to South Africa, 3rd trip on the bounce..Had a magnificent time you know the old saying it can not get any better, well it does!!!!!!!

Had a brillant hunt with a brilliant PH Bruce Niland who is to co owner of Huntershill Safaris who I highly recommend,

they go out of there way to make sure you have the best hunting possible, and on the otherside the acomodation is exceptional, if you ever have the chance to go (and I recomend if you are a hunter you must) go with these guys.

I had some magnificent trophies (see below) but the shots are not as in the UK they are seriously long range, the average between 250 and 450 yds. The rife I used again was my trusty Mauser MO3 .300 Win Mag.

Hope you enjoy the photos as much as I do.

I had the following :

Nyala

Impala

Belsbok

Black Wilderbeest

and Warthogs

and serveral others

Regards

Chris

africa2013126_zpsb2b9a2be.jpg

africa2013083_zpsac813578.jpg

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg360/smithy75/africa2013076_zpsa7c8d509.jpg[/africa2013141_zps8a35c9b1.jpgIMG]africa2013015_zps470a1825.jpg

africa2013032_zps0082fe2d.jpg

PS

'Africa is not a place it is a state of mind a thing you can touch, a smell, a sound, you can taste it, fear it, but above all it is the best medicine for the body and soul. Although more addictive than the most lethal drug on earth. Africa will never kill she will only heal.'

Nice pictures.

Last time I was in South Africa was as a teenager in the mid seventies. I have now booked flights for the family

and might also shoot a Dassie or two at Mayogi Safaris. Waited long enough to go back to where I spent my childhood.

edi

Well done the Eastern Cape is one of my favourite hunting destinations, the terrain varies from coastal jungle to the stormberg mountains, and gives you plenty of oppotunities to take longer shots, the mauser MO3 is a great piee of kit especially for travelling with.

I am going back for a vaal rhebok, bushbuck and moutain reedbuck.

• 4 weeks later...

awsome you lucky bu##er lol, if i ever get the chance , baboons are the choice for me ! there sooo wary and see you coming most of the time ! a very diffucult quarry !

.. might also shoot a Dassie or two at Mayogi Safaris...

edi

For those that don't know what a dassie is, here's a trophy one (i'm guessing)

DSCF2124_zpsb0ef5ba0.jpg

Closest evolutionary relative is an elephant!

For those that don't know what a dassie is, here's a trophy one (i'm guessing)

DSCF2124_zpsb0ef5ba0.jpg

Closest evolutionary relative is an elephant!

Look at those TEETH!

Wouldn't go up against one of those with anything less than a 416 double.

Archived