Bushnell 3.5-21x50 Elite Tactical

maxxis35

Eagerly awaiting my new scope, especially without looking through it first, according to some reports on Youtube the scope is built like a tank, so when the Sportsman Gun Center rang me back with a price and them not realizing they had one in stock with the HDMR reticule, and at the old price, i had a moment of madness and ordered it, when i really can't afford to have it, nothing new to folk on here i bet.

I feel that Bushnell have hit the mark with this scope as it seems to have all the features of expensive scopes at half the price, i will post up my initial feeling on the scope when it comes, has anybody seen or got one?

What was the price out of interest?

Hi,

I'm still working out a price on the new model for the UK. Going by the official US RRP of $2,203.95 typically the UK RRP would be around £1,980. UK discounted price should work out at under £1500. If anyone is interested please PM,

Alan

The price I was given by rifle craft for the old one was £875. Regret not buying it now.

That's below US trade price plus VAT on import for the new model. We've all regretted not buying something when we had the chance,

Alan

I have paid £710 plus £6 p+p for mine, not sure whether it's an old one or a new one, when did they change. But at the price the Sportsman sell them i'd say their stock turn over is pretty frequent, they did tell me that the new supplier will be charging a little more, so if i didn't take his last one i'd expect to pay around £100 more. Don't know much about CSR comps at the mo but i feel the reticule will be what i need more than the turrets, unless you get chance to dial in on your ranges.

Unfortunatly, exactly the opposite Maxxis.

CSR is fast and furious shooting. You need a simple aimpoint and diallable, repeatable turrets. A straightforward duplex ret is as good as anything. You simply dont get time to count hash marks.

These fine line reticules that seem to be appearing more and more are no good for service/practical shooting, they get lost against the black/brown of the figure 11 targets.

Scope has arrived this morning, i'm mightily impressed with it, when i got handed the box the first thing i noticed was the weight, the scope itself is quite a sight, some say that with the short objective bell they look out of proportion, but i think it looks great, the turrets are huge enough to drink from, the finish to the scope is excellent. The turret clicks are not as positive as my Leupold, but are there just a little more subtle, taking a look through the scope i'd say it's equally as good as my Leupold without a doubt, the HDMR ret is fine and will lend it's self to some precise shooting, the clarity of the sight picture is edge to edge fine with no blur detectable, it comes with a 3inch sun shade, or should they be called rain guards for the UK, can't wait to get my ticket back and mount the thing on my AUG, i'm half tempted to stick it on my Remington PSS and Loop up the AUG, In a nutshell this scope for under a grand is a bargain, and would recommend one for the money.

Scope has arrived this morning, i'm mightily impressed with it, when i got handed the box the first thing i noticed was the weight, the scope itself is quite a sight, some say that with the short objective bell they look out of proportion, but i think it looks great, the turrets are huge enough to drink from, the finish to the scope is excellent. The turret clicks are not as positive as my Leupold, but are there just a little more subtle, taking a look through the scope i'd say it's equally as good as my Leupold without a doubt, the HDMR ret is fine and will lend it's self to some precise shooting, the clarity of the sight picture is edge to edge fine with no blur detectable, it comes with a 3inch sun shade, or should they be called rain guards for the UK, can't wait to get my ticket back and mount the thing on my AUG, i'm half tempted to stick it on my Remington PSS and Loop up the AUG, In a nutshell this scope for under a grand is a bargain, and would recommend one for the money.

Unfortunatly, exactly the opposite Maxxis.

CSR is fast and furious shooting. You need a simple aimpoint and diallable, repeatable turrets. A straightforward duplex ret is as good as anything. You simply dont get time to count hash marks.

These fine line reticules that seem to be appearing more and more are no good for service/practical shooting, they get lost against the black/brown of the figure 11 targets.

I know what you mean about scopes for CSR, but this scope will need to do more than that, i will want to try this rifle out at long range so need a muti role scope for the rifle, looking at your location, are you Valkyrie rifles ? if so do you work on the AUG to improve triggers.

Am I thick? why put that scope on an Aug? Do you think it will make the Aug shooter better at long range? Put it on your PSS and get a cheap red dot sight for the Aug. Aug group at 100m is what? about 1.5 to 2" at best?

Need more than a trigger and bolt assist to fix Aug long range accuracy! crazy man.

I know what you mean about scopes for CSR, but this scope will need to do more than that, i will want to try this rifle out at long range so need a muti role scope for the rifle, looking at your location, are you Valkyrie rifles ? if so do you work on the AUG to improve triggers.

Yes Maxxis, thats me.

I can sort the trigger out on the AUG for you. Mine is running at 5lbs.

They are quite accurate guns Mark when fed quality handloads. Mine will hold 3/4" with handloads. Crap with milsurp mind.

Am I thick? why put that scope on an Aug? Do you think it will make the Aug shooter better at long range? Put it on your PSS and get a cheap red dot sight for the Aug. Aug group at 100m is what? about 1.5 to 2" at best?

Need more than a trigger and bolt assist to fix Aug long range accuracy! crazy man.

Put a red dot on a rifle and you are only going to get poor results, i like a challenge when i shoot, and as baldie says they are more accurate than you thought, i still may put the Bushnell on the remy, as both are picatinney mounts i can have a play with what is good, a member of my archery club runs some of the CSR shoots down at Bisley and he uses a Schmidt, so i can't be a crazy man lol

What's the differences between the old and the new one?

Hi,

The main difference is that the older model turrets had 5 mils per revolution while the newer ones have 10,

Alan

Should have twigged your user name.

:D

I shoot a Vector. Member of Pines parks archers.

I shoot at Severn Valley, i won at Pines a few years back on one of the January shoots, on another subject, where can i get spare AUG mags from.

Archived