Diggle 600yrd br comp

Just had very good results with my AIAW 6.5x47,,,

Just tried out a new front bag rider that was made by our very own Davy,,,,

http://shootingshed.co.uk/wp/

Shot three out of my four groups at 600yrds in 2"

My last group was a 7" due to the fact that my front bump stop came loose :mad: ,,

Agg for the day was 3.6"

I would like to thank David and Christel for all there help,,, very nice people to deal with,,

The front rider is designed so that I can off set it to take out the torque of the rifle as it recoils on the front rest, simply by altering the middle bar and can be taken off and on in about ten seconds with the use of one allen key,,

very handy when I want to revert to my bi-pod for foxing,,,

Also tried it out on the farm at 100yrds and shot the best ever group with this rifle and front rider set-up,,,

.116 for five shots

Then after a phone conversation with David I decided that I should go back down to the farm the following week just to confirm my results, this I did and shot a group of .263 for six bullets,,

Cant wait for the next 600yrd comp???

IMG_1027_zpsaa08904e.jpg

Sorry about the photos, i am having trouble uploading some of them,,,

Photos to follow

Darrel

Good to hear it is shooting OK for you Darrel. The design came about after I shot a 4/5/600 F Open at the Phoenix off a very short Harris bipod to S-Class rules, I was on point 60 and the rifle was settling on 55 after the shot at 600. It set me thinking about how to counter the torque effect and although it was not something I could apply in my class I could certainly try it for BR or FO. It sounds like the combination of offset and reduced bag contact area is working for you. No doubt it has all been done before as has everything in shooting but it was fun to design and build and the level of offset needed some tuning, luckily I have a couple of AI's to experiment with.

We need pictures of the groups man!

Well shot Darrel!

Darrel is making us all look pretty stupid at the moment but, it will drive on us to get better!

Here are the top ten (5-shot) groups:

Ian Dixon 1.543 inches

Darrel Evans 2.124

Darrel Evans 2.394

Bob Nicholson 2.409

Darrel Evans 2.495

Vince Bottomley 2.656

Jeanette Whitney 2.770

Adrian Evans 3.004

Bruce Lenton 3.258

Vince Bottomley 3.447

Our next shoot is Christmas week - Thursday 27th December - surely there must be a few of you on holiday who could come for a shoot?

Cheers

Vince

Well shot Darrel!

Darrel is making us all look pretty stupid at the moment but, it will drive on us to get better!

Here are the top ten (5-shot) groups:

Ian Dixon 1.543 inches

Darrel Evans 2.124

Darrel Evans 2.394

Bob Nicholson 2.409

Darrel Evans 2.495

Vince Bottomley 2.656

Jeanette Whitney 2.770

Adrian Evans 3.004

Bruce Lenton 3.258

Vince Bottomley 3.447

Our next shoot is Christmas week - Thursday 27th December - surely there must be a few of you on holiday who could come for a shoot?

Cheers

Vince

Hi Vince, Could you tell us the top aggs for the day please,,

Darrel ;)

DARREL- some good groups there -looks like every body had a good day.mr DIXON fluked that small one ;) vince-nice to see marcus on the board.

well done to all- ;)

Gary,

You've been absent for a while - hope the competition hasn't frightened you off!! Don't forget it's the Christmas shoot this Sunday - free ammo, hot food etc.

Vince

Gary,

You've been absent for a while - hope the competition hasn't frightened you off!! Don't forget it's the Christmas shoot this Sunday - free ammo, hot food etc.

Vince

i will be there sat for the 600 f class.

Archived